NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Are we not going to talk about the female reproductive system in that Texas stadium?

Would that have been a worse loss than Kentucky?
I just saw Longhorns.

Would have been Slightly better loss than Kentucky, but it went down to the final minute.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

In case you need an ACC storyline this weekend.
Can Virginia seal the deal (and end the streak)?
It was written in the prophecy: The ACC Coastal will enjoy seven different champions in seven years. From 2013 to '18, we got the first six: Duke, then Georgia Tech, then North Carolina, then Virginia Tech, then Miami, then Pitt. Bronco Mendenhall's Hoos are the last of the set. But to fulfill this prophecy, they might have to do something they haven't done since 2003: beat Virginia Tech. Gosh, what could possibly go wrong? (The answer: everything. Everything could go wrong.)
7 teams in the Coastal division, each has won the division once since 2013, except Virginia, who can take it this weekend.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That's parity!

Unfortunately, it's the wrong kind of parity.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's parity!

Unfortunately, it's the wrong kind of parity.
I hope UVA gets it, then UNC ends the parity for years to come.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I mean, that's nice, but it was one game. Let's slow down. If they beat Kentucky and UNC then we can start talking about seeding.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
I mean, that's nice, but it was one game. Let's slow down. If they beat Kentucky and UNC then we can start talking about seeding.
How about they beat KY and lose to UNC? Seems acceptable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC lost in OT last night, by 7. 9 out of their 10 games have been 1 score games, and they are 3-6 in those games. D has been a bit underwhelming given our flashy D coordinator hire, but maybe some better talent next year, fewer DB injuries, and another year to implement the system will help in 2020.

Next year looks promising, but we have UCF + Auburn early, so we'll find out quick if the team's good.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: How about they beat KY and lose to UNC? Seems acceptable.
I'd prefer OSU beat both, but I wouldn't be shocked to lose to both.

As for UNC's football team, I thought they have had a good year. They've never been solid in football, so it's cool to see them making strides there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They've never been solid in football, so it's cool to see them making strides there.
You've forgotten the late 90s and 70s to early 80s. We hold the lifetime edge over all of our rivals: Duke, NCSU, Virginia, WFU, and South Carolina.

We win 2 games remaining, we make a bowl and exceed expectations.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: You've forgotten the late 90s and 70s to early 80s.
100% forgotten.

I never would associate UNC with "football powerhouse".
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I don't know how Lewerke, at MSU, is a starting QB. He, literally, can't throw the ball 30 yards down the field.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama was up 35-7 or whatever and still had the injured Tua in. Now he's hurt worse.

Reports now are saying it's like what ended Bo Jackson's career.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Arkansas fan is making more headlines than her favorite team.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bama was up 35-7 or whatever and still had the injured Tua in. Now he's hurt worse.

Reports now are saying it's like what ended Bo Jackson's career.
Ouch
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Tua's season is done.

Announcers during the OSU game were discussing whether or not the committee would still consider Bama without Tua. One of them didn't think so.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

When Michigan players break rules, they get suspended for the entire season. Even if the player matters to the program. Because then the suspension actually matters. Suspensions from two irrelevant games is pretty insulting to everyone's intelligence. But not surprising. :-)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: When Michigan players break rules, they get suspended for the entire season. Even if the player matters to the program. Because then the suspension actually matters. Suspensions from two irrelevant games is pretty insulting to everyone's intelligence. But not surprising. :-)
Ha! That's so ridiculous I assume Trump hacked your account!

Minnesota falls at Iowa. Only 4(?) undefeated teams left.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

What do you think of RB Chris Evan's season so far? Oh, wait.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: What do you think of RB Chris Evan's season so far? Oh, wait.
Who? A guy who is so good he's a senior and I've never heard of him? Academic violation? Did he cheat? Or did he simply not have the grades?

Also, he was suspended by the school, not the NCAA. So many differences, it's almost like it would be stupid to compare them...

OSU also suspends people and boots them off the team. I guess you don't remember Bri'onte Dunn from 2016?

Keep trying!

It's fun to see how salty TTUN fans are about a self-reported violation from 2018 where proof was given to the NCAA that a loan was repaid last spring. The standard punishment would be 4 games IF the loan was repaid, end of career if it wasn't, and usually appealed down to 2 games, but because OSU self reported, and immediately pulled Chase, the NCAA went for two.

P.S. Our head coach doesn't refuse transfer requests and then publicly bash the player.