NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: He was actually quitting, and the family news went out, but the coaches didn't let him. So.
Good, keep that scholarship (I assume?)
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by GORDON »

I believe that was the gist.

My personal input was that if the coaching staff was negligent in not providing a safe place, then they were in breach of contract. But I don't think it came to that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Thought I saw that, but didn't stick around for replays.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Child, and FSU fan, selling lemonade to buy out Taggart.

I have heard Taggart is a dead man walking no matter what. I've also heard they're going to target Matt Campbell to replace him.

Honestly, maybe this is it for FSU. They had their big run, but they're not exactly a major university.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Saban says he regrets leaving LSU to try NFL

I bet that feels good if you're an LSU fan.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Saban says he regrets leaving LSU to try NFL

I bet that feels good if you're an LSU fan.
Right? He could be cheating for them.

I was pondering Saban's NFL run the other day and how people call him the GOAT. Here's the problem with him being the GOAT, he sucked in the NFL. He was on a level playing field and he got rocked. Ditto for when he was in the B1G. B1G doesn't allow all the bullshit Bama and the SEC does so Saban couldn't manipulate the system, ala his mentor Belicheck.

Thus, isn't it fine to suggest Pete Carroll and (I'm forgetting the other name) are better coaches because they won at both it all at both levels. Saban hasn't done that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He was on a level playing field and he got rocked.
Bill B didn't do well in Cleveland...
Leisher wrote: Ditto for when he was in the B1G.
When Nick Saban arrived in East Lansing, Michigan prior to the 1995 season, MSU had not had a winning season since 1990, and the team was sanctioned by the NCAA for recruiting violations committed under his predecessor and former mentor, George Perles.[7]

1999 – Saban led the Spartans to a 9–2 season that included wins over Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State.
I mean, that's a pretty good turn around. Not to mention the 1998 upset over OSU. Especially given the sanctions the team was under. He just needed a few more years. He wasn't inheriting a good program. It didn't have the name recognition of Bama or LSU, or even OSU.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Bill B didn't do well in Cleveland...
Nothing counts in Cleveland.
TheCatt wrote: I mean, that's a pretty good turn around. Not to mention the 1998 upset over OSU. Especially given the sanctions the team was under. He just needed a few more years. He wasn't inheriting a good program. It didn't have the name recognition of Bama or LSU, or even OSU.
I never said he wasn't a good coach, but he's not the GOAT. He was doing ok at MSU, but thinking "he just needed a few more years" is pure speculation.

Now his Bama teams break or bend every rules possible, don't play as many P5 teams as other P5 conferences, never play on the road outside the SEC, have creampuffs scheduled before all their tough games, and play a "tough" schedule because the MSM falsely ranks SEC teams high based upon hyperbole. Florida is a fucking top ten team right now, which is an absolute joke, but got to keep those SEC rankings high so their SOS looks high!

His Bama team gets way too many advantages for him to be considered the GOAT.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

PAC 12 gets a too ten 10 and they promptly lose. Utah 23, USC 30
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Which also hurts USC’s efforts to fire Clay Helton...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So... we all used to think Harbaugh would bring respectability to Michigan, right? Didn't we? Wasn't that a thing when he was hired?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: I don't care what anybody says, Cardale Jones has NFL talent. Big, fast and one hell of an arm and he can pass from the pocket (can the Browns draft him yet). Goodbye Braxton Miller and possibly could be taking JT Barrett's job.

As of now, I'd take Ohio State +7 against the Ducks. Everyone must think this is the same old big, slow big 10. Not anymore.
Well, apparently he did not.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cardale's got all the physical talents, but his head was never in the game.

Urban got him to play top level football for three games, but couldn't get him to duplicate it the following season.
TheCatt wrote: So... we all used to think Harbaugh would bring respectability to Michigan, right? Didn't we? Wasn't that a thing when he was hired?
Harbaugh is making 7.5M for these results.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ESPN = unbiased
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: ESPN = unbiased
I mean, if I'm showing those games I'm going to pretend it's something more than 49-3
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I mean, if I'm showing those games I'm going to pretend it's something more than 49-3
Those games should never be aired.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Big ten is getting embarrassed today by the ACC.