NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Good kid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Finebaum crucifies FSU.

He's not wrong though.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Maryland's accreditation could be in trouble.

As a B1G10 fan, I hope this happens so we have an excuse to boot them out. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU is absolutely murdering recruiting. Every time I turn around there are 5 and 4 stars committing. One thing Ryan Day has going for him that Meyer didn't is motivation to prove something. Meyer was one of the game's best and everyone knew it. He scaled back his time and effort while at OSU for health reasons. Ryan Day is going full bore to get out of Meyer's shadow and has recruits coming from everywhere. Stealing them from other programs too (like Texas, Georgia, PSU, Clemson, maybe LSU soon, etc.). I like what I see.

Meanwhile, who did Tate Martell piss off?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Shea Patterson is tweeting about himself in the third person. It appears that he was probably going to tweet this from a burner account and fucked up?

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Robbie Hendricks FTW.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Some NCAA rules are stupid.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt committed a minor NCAA violation earlier this year by tweeting out his congratulations when the high school he attended won an Alabama state basketball title.

Pruitt tweeted "Congratulations Robi Coker and Plainview High School on back to back State Championships! #2muchblue #PLV" on March 1. The tweet was deleted 37 minutes later, after a compliance official noted that it constituted an impermissible endorsement of a high school team and its coach. Compliance officials met with Pruitt and the staffer overseeing the football program's Twitter accounts to discuss that particular rule, but that was the extent of any repercussions for his actions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Some NCAA rules are stupid.
Very.

I remember when Bob Huggins was coaching at Cincinnati and he tattled on OSU after a recruiter bought a potential recruit a $.49 Big Mac.

Against the rules, yes. Absolutely ignorant, yes.

I realize the "slippery slope" exists, and that's why you prevent the slightest rules being broken so there's no opportunity for the bigger ones to be broken. However, there needs to be some discretion to allow for innocent mistakes, tweets, etc.

I would be far more supportive of the NCAA if they applied their rules consistently and equally, but they don't.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Harbaugh takes cheap shot at Meyer.

He's 0-4 against him and will never play him again. Cowardly move. I guess he broke down and ate some chicken? (If you don't get that, Harbaugh thinks eating chicken makes you weak and scared like a chicken. He really does, yes.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Harbaugh takes cheap shot at Meyer.

He's 0-4 against him and will never play him again. Cowardly move. I guess he broke down and ate some chicken? (If you don't get that, Harbaugh thinks eating chicken makes you weak and scared like a chicken. He really does, yes.)
Meyer's dirty, just accept it ;)
Stranger

NCAA

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Harbaugh takes cheap shot at Meyer.

What a coward! What's he going to say when Ryan Day beats him in Ann Arbor this fall??....
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Meyer's dirty, just accept it
If he stayed at Florida I would agree. :D

Here's the thing though, Meyer left Florida and took some shots on the way out about shady recruiting practices in the SEC. That little factoid got whitewashed by ESPN, go figure.

He never had controversies at BGSU or Utah, and the only controversy at OSU was Zack Smith who was essentially a legacy hire. A favor to the memory of Earl Bruce, Meyer's mentor.

Harbaugh, on the other hand, has truly left controversies everywhere he goes:
-His long time feud with Michigan
-His controversial time at Stanford
-His controversial time and exit from SF
-His Super Bowl loss
-His spending the night in a young man's room
-Now his controversial time at Michigan
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Harbaugh is now taking shots at his former coordinators who left for OSU:
FYI: Harbaugh tried to resign both of them to big contract extensions, and both turned him down.

Seems like Harbaugh is really going all in this year. The Game is in the Big House, he's got a senior QB, they're actually ranked in the top 5, and have good odds to make the CFP. Meanwhile, OSU has a brand new coach, new position coaches, new skill position players, a new unproven QB, etc.

Funny how he didn't talk trash the previous years.

If he loses this year, especially if they're undefeated...There might be riots in Ann Arbor...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: they're actually ranked in the top 5,
I've been seeing OSU in the top 5, UM in the top 10.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Part of me wants to put 1$ on the heels. The rest of me doesn’t want to waste it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Harbaugh is still shooting his mouth off, this time going after kids asking for mental health waivers.

He's basically implying they're lying. If you're wondering, yes there is a kid trying to transfer away from Harbaugh and he's citing mental health issues.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I misspoke about Gee Scott Jr and it makes ESPN's rankings look even worse. They have him at 200 overall. A lot of people more "in the know" than myself say their rankings are looked at as a joke by the real agencies. The problem is casual fans think ESPN is "the sports expert", and thus, their rankings are legit. That impacts recruiting, rankings, etc. especially when their rankings always lean towards the conferences they're in business with.

Here's where an actual recruiting service has him: