NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I thought this was frolf, but I was wrong.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: frolf
There's a new word to me.

That being said, no, it's the athletic frisbee game. I played for UNC in college.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

frolf is frisbee golf.

I believe it's huge in the Pacific NW. There are definitely a few courses in my home area as well.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: frolf is frisbee golf.

I believe it's huge in the Pacific NW. There are definitely a few courses in my home area as well.
I've played disc golf before. Frolf sounds like a less formal version of that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

No idea. They might be the exact same thing. I've never played. I have a cousin who plays pretty seriously in Washington.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Never too early for 2020 Brackets, I guess?

MSU, Duke, UNC, and Kentucky the #1 seeds. #6 for OSU; Michigan down to a #7.

I'd be stunned to see UNC a #1 next year. I'm guessing 2/3.

!RmindMe 3/17/2020
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU at a 6?

Vegas disagrees.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Ohio State knew about the abuser, and did little.
A now-dead Ohio State team doctor sexually abused at least 177 male students over nearly two decades, and university officials knew what he was doing and did little to stop him, according to an investigative report released by the school Friday.

Dr. Richard Strauss groped, ogled or otherwise took advantage of young men from 1979 to 1997 — nearly his entire time at Ohio State — while treating athletes from at least 16 sports and working at the student health center and his off-campus clinic, investigators from a law firm hired by the university found.

The report on Strauss, who took his life in 2005, could cost Ohio State heavily by bolstering the lawsuits brought against it by a multitude of victims.

The findings put Strauss in a league with gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar of Michigan State University, who was accused of molesting at least 250 women and girls and is serving what amounts to a life sentence. Michigan State ultimately agreed to a $500 million settlement with his victims.

In issuing the report, Ohio State President Michael Drake offered “profound regret and sincere apologies to each person who endured Strauss’ abuse.” He called it a “fundamental failure” of the institution and thanked victims for their courage.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That's not good.

I really don't understand how people can sit back and do nothing about shit like this. If you know about it and do nothing, you might as well be doing it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -need-know

Scroll down to the important stats part.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Former michigan star, Juwan Howard, in talks to coach team.

This is interesting because I think all of his wins while a player were forfeited due to violations by he and his teammates.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Former michigan star, Juwan Howard, in talks to coach team.

This is interesting because I think all of his wins while a player were forfeited due to violations by he and his teammates.
Apparently not all, but many...
The school vacated the entire 1992–93 season and every game it played from the 1995–96 season through the 1998–99 season. This included the 1997 National Invitation Tournament title and the 1998 Big Ten Tournament title. It also vacated its two Final Four games in 1992 and its entire NCAA tournament record in 1993, 1996 and 1998. There is a difference between forfeiting a game and vacating a game; a vacated game does not result in the other school being credited with a win. This included virtually the entire career of Fisher's successor, Brian Ellerbe. However, it did not include all games that Webber played or was eligible because all but the final two games of his freshman year were retained.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Former michigan star, Juwan Howard, in talks to coach team.

He's back
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

How... odd since they had been there so long.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC (#1 mens seed) vs OSU (#8 mens seed) right now... Not sure how updated this is during the game: https://play.usaultimate.org/teams/even ... 53%2bB8%3d
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

WTF is that? The avatar's they're using... UNC's coach being "Allison".

Hilarious.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Our team is UNC Darkside. There was a debate (I was one of the founders) as to whether it was "Pink Floyd" inspired, or "Star Wars"... in general we used a lot more Star Wars references than we did Floyd references.

OSU's avatar is pretty boring. Is that the school seal or something?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I doubt it. I've never seen it before.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I doubt it. I've never seen it before.
TAR HEELS!