NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bigger wins? Tougher schedule? I have no idea how Clemson wouldn't get in, but OSU would as they seem pretty comparable. (Although, OSU brings in MUCH bigger ratings, but that isn't supposed to matter.)

OSU will drop their next game and still have a tough remaining schedule. I'm strongly thinking NIT for us by season's end without a miraculous B1G tourney run.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I was wrong, OSU plays Illinois next, so maybe four in a row?

Ole Miss forced to vacate wins. Bama still above the law.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

...athletic director Ross Bjork said Monday night.

"It's the last part of this process," Bjork said at a town hall meeting in Cleveland, Miss. "In a way, it's just a piece of paper, because you saw those games."
I'm glad he's taking it seriously.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
...athletic director Ross Bjork said Monday night.

"It's the last part of this process," Bjork said at a town hall meeting in Cleveland, Miss. "In a way, it's just a piece of paper, because you saw those games."
I'm glad he's taking it seriously.
I'm sure the NCAA loved that response as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Louisville up 23 on Duke with 10 minutes left, and loses by 2.

UK loses last minute to LSU - catch the replay if you can.

PSU with the surprise upset of Michigan....

Fun night of basketball last night
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Celtics also beat the 76ers and got Embiid to curse and storm out of the post game presser.

Texas A&M alleges a conspiracy to boost Texas recruit rankings giving them a higher ranked class.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Ouch.

I've heard of 4 of those 15...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Buckeyes recruiting class might be getting larger by two.

A guard at Virginia graduated and wants to transfer. Also, Rutger's top O lineman and honorable all B1G center is deciding between OSU and OU. OSU lost four O line starters, so clearly they have openings for guys with experience to come in and start right away.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I was wrong, OSU plays Illinois next, so maybe four in a row?
Illinois is oddly 4-1 in their past 5 with wins over #13 Maryland, #9 MSU, Nebraska, and your nemesis Rutgers.

Although all 4 wins were at home.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

And they beat us. Cancel the championship parade...

Someone catfished the MSM with a fake football player.

Got to question the ratings of recruits when one that was entirely made up gets 3 stars.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is how the system is rigged in favor of the SEC:

5 SEC teams in the top ten? I guess bowl games really don't matter.

How is OU ranked below LSU and Georgia?

OSU is completely missing despite not being out of the top 10 in actual polls since 2004.

The biggest laugh is Michigan at #5. Pretty sure they play Army early on, and you shouldn't be shocked if Army beats them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

4 of those 5 SEC teams won a bowl game. Clemson/Bama seems reasonable.

The biggest surprise to me is seeing Michigan at #5.

Here's ESPN's defense of those #s
One problem the polls -- and humans in general -- have is that they fail to divorce themselves from win-loss records. That's a problem when judging conferences, since the majority of every team's games are against other teams in its conference. That leads to guaranteed losses and the appearance that conferences are more similar than they actually are. Because FPI is judging teams' performances with their opponents' strength in mind, it has no problem believing that the SEC is that much better than everyone else.
You'll love that, Leisher.

OSU and MSU being tied seems absurd.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The most notable example of this is Ohio State's Justin Fields. While Fields is a major acquisition who has been approved to play in 2019, FPI does not award the Buckeyes extra credit for securing the transfer QB because he didn't earn significant playing time at Georgia. Instead, the Buckeyes are treated as if they will have to play a completely green QB this season, which, technically, is true -- he's just a high-profile one.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC 45th, NCSU 47th

!RmindMe December 1st, 2019
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Let me correct ESPN's defense:
"We paid a billion fucking dollars for the rights to air SEC games. We're also losing money and subscribers like crazy. Look at how we've got Steven A. Smith commenting on every sport like anyone could possibly be an expert on all of them. We have to pretend the SEC is the best in the nation to get you to watch their games on our channel or we lose our asses!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Let me correct ESPN's defense:
"We paid a billion fucking dollars for the rights to air SEC games. We're also losing money and subscribers like crazy. Look at how we've got Steven A. Smith commenting on every sport like anyone could possibly be an expert on all of them. We have to pretend the SEC is the best in the nation to get you to watch their games on our channel or we lose our asses!"
So if the SEC isn't the best at football, who is?