NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if OSU beat UofM. They have a history of fucking up each other's good seasons. I remember a lot of games over the years where one team is out with a shitty season and beat the other team taking them out of the Rose Bowl (or equivalent). We've been out coached for too long for me to be comfortable. What does give me hope is I do see a different style of late game management than I've seen for the last 20 years (as far back as Carr). I NEVER go into that game with confidence because ANYthing can, and does, happen.

Although I LOVE to see OSU lose with the white hot intensity of a 1000 suns. I haven't celebrated it in many years. I'll wait till we have a 5 game win streak (over OSU) before feeling like I can trash talk again. I remember back in the day saying the same thing you did. I used to say "We have to let them win once in a while or else they won't want to play with us any more". Which is pretty much what you are saying. "The worst people on the planet" That's cute. :roll: I'll refrain from responding with an equally ignorant statement. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: "The worst people on the planet" That's cute. I'll refrain from responding with an equally ignorant statement.
Oh, it's not ignorant, and I stand by it. You're obviously not in that group, but the people you don't hear from all year, but text you when your team loses, even though you'd NEVER do it to them can eat a bag of dicks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU still at 10, and I'm 100% ok with that. If they win the next three games, they'll be top 5.

However, I highly doubt they win 2 out of 3 of them.

Also, LSU being in the top 10 is an absolute joke. You can't get shutout at home for your second loss and still be ranked above 1 loss teams...not to mention above the undefeated defending national champions.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, LSU being in the top 10 is an absolute joke.
Srsly.

But really, they are pretty much eliminated at this point.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

But their ranking helps pad the other SEC teams' resumes. That's biased bullshit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So... Duke's the GSW of the NCAA this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ha! I was just coming to suggest we should just give them the title now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Duke freshmen Zion Williamson, Cam Reddish and RJ Barrett combined to score 83 points.
Good God.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Simmons says the NBA teams that are already tanking are "Not Tryin' for Zion".
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Simmons says the NBA teams that are already tanking are "Not Tryin' for Zion".
Oh man, send him to Cleveland purgatory!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Woo! OSU is undefeated! Stop the season now! :D

Ok, being serious, that's a good win at Cincinnati.

OSU's schedule

Won't be easy for a bunch of new kids. Only 2 players on the roster averaged more than 3 points a game last year...

In other news, the feds give the NCAA the approval to start their investigations.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Went to the NCSU - WFU game last night with 3 friends who went to NCSU. I went to UNC, who is their rival, and grew up going to WFU games in Winston-Salem.

I decided to cheer full-time for offense, rather than pick a team. Wake lost their starting QB last week and were 19.5 point underdogs, entering the game 4-5, while NCSU was 6-2, and trying to be 2nd in their division in the league. ESPN gave NCSU (home team) 86.7% chance of winning to start the game. Wake's passing game was so bad in the first half, that NCSU often had their safeties within 6 yds of the line of scrimmage.

The first half was pretty boring, 13-3 NCSU, but the 2nd half was pretty exciting: http://www.espn.com/college-football/ga ... /401013167

I've never been in a stadium where the air just let out like that. NCSU tried to convert a 4th down in WFU's territory, up 3, with less than 2 minutes left, and blew up. (Easy FG territory). WFU then moved down the field, and NCSU decided to run 1 blitz on the entire drive... on the play that let WFU get an easy TD.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

MSU's QB has the best college football QB name ever: Rocky Lombardi
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That game was one of the ugliest, most boring games I've ever seen. MSU and OSU are making boring games something of a tradition.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Herman can't be thrilled with those tweets.

You know other schools will use them against him in recruiting.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Brett McMurphy, he of bad reporting fame due to the Zach Smith stuff, continues to attack OSU. I'm not linking his piece of shit accusation this time, but it has to do with Smith calling a now transferred player a racial slur.

The problem for Brett is that the entire fucking team is tweeting back that his entire report is a lie. They were all there and wouldn't have stood for any such transgression. P.S. The vast majority are young black men.

Brett will probably do what he did last time, edit his reports to try and make himself look better instead of simply retracting.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

According to Meyer, OSU is now looking into legal action against McMurphy.

Like the Zach Smith story where McMurphy went public with only one person's story (Zach Smith's bitter, alcoholic, ex-wife), without checking with anyone else, and without any other research, he has gone public here with only one person's story: The player's drug dealing, abusive father who is estranged from the family. Everyone else involved, from the player to his family to his teammates to the school, vehemently denies the story.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Hmmm. Maybe we can get another three games out of this. ;-)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ha! Thankfully, this seems pretty open and shut that a reporter with a grudge ran with bullshit feed to him. Hopefully, this will be the end of McMurphy's career.