NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, college aint gonna pay him millions.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Actual image of the stands during the "Black Out" game in Rutger's home stadium. Why is this program in the Big Ten?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

You misunderstand... they meant "blacks out" so no black people in the stands, thus why they are empty...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Seems Nick Bosa is the projected #1 pick.

Wow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Adidas consultant naming names.

Uh, Kansas might want to sit that kid before starting their season...

NC State looks like they're going to be forfeiting some wins.
Kansas might want to sit their coach, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

People are pointing out OSU's bad record at Purdue, but the Buckeyes current team has no heart nor any leadership on defense.

I'm honestly sort of rooting for a loss to MSU now and then a defeat of TTUN. That would put us into a big bowl game, beat TTUN, and get us out of the way of Bama's inevitable championship.

I'm betting there will be some changes in the offseason.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Changes to staff or the players?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OSU aint #5 any more...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Changes to staff or the players?
A little of both.

Isaiah Prince is a complete mess at right tackle. He's a senior, which means he wasn't good enough to go pro. He's also a revolving door and holding flag magnet. The O line is definitely a huge issue. Not sure if that's coaching or players not developing. Our LBs are a mess at the moment too and I don't know if it's talent or coaching. The secondary has completely sucked all year. No experienced players anywhere back there. Unlike Bama, OSU doesn't oversign (nor does really anyone outside of the SEC), so we're going to have years where highly recruited talent doesn't pan out or needs time to grow.

That being said, I'm not loving Kevin Wilson's offense or Greg Schiano's defense.

Wilson's offense is having trouble with the running game and pass protection. Now that could all be due to the O line issues, but I don't like how little the field is being spread. Also, it took him about 5 games before he realized running options with Haskins was pointless because Haskins NEVER kept the ball. I also don't understand why they don't go no huddle the whole game. Haskins loves it and nobody can stop them when they're running it.

Schiano's defense is a whole other issue. All fundamentals are missing. Bad pursuit angles. Poor tackling form. Bad coverage form. The LBs aren't reading plays properly. Etc. I truly think Tennessee hurt OSU when they hired Schiano away, and then backed out of it. I'm not sure Schiano's heart is in it right now. Guy has got to be feeling fucked over and that nobody will hire him.

Chris Ash is probably going to get fired from Rutgers, and I'd love to get him back as our D coordinator. Some people are born coordinators and I think he's one of them. I never hear about Schiano being the reason recruits are coming into the school, but always heard that about Ash.

I honestly wonder if Meyer still has his finger on the pulse of young, hungry coaches. Schiano and Wilson weren't exactly young guys.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Harbaugh is a delusional pile of shit.

He's whining about the pre-game scuffle, but praised his own player for starting it.

Fuck Harbaugh.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I have too many questions about it.

Why was State late doing their march?
Why invite Michigan onto the field only to ask them to get back off?
Did they really ask the players to get off the field before starting the march?

Over all, I DO wish Michigan had given them the field to stay classy. But I'm not convinced that State wasn't pushing buttons of their own.

What have you seen that shows Michigan started it? Also, where did Harbaugh praise them?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This article covers a lot of it.
Cakedaddy wrote: Why was State late doing their march?
Why invite Michigan onto the field only to ask them to get back off?
Did they really ask the players to get off the field before starting the march?
Schedules are worked out prior to the game, but the accounts of that day are:
MSU left their hotel at 9:45, which would seem to be a set time, and started their walk at 10:02. TTUN claims they were told they could be on the field at 10, however they had players on the field prior to 10.
Cakedaddy wrote: Over all, I DO wish Michigan had given them the field to stay classy.
I mean, you know it's their tradition. You can either walk off the field for a second and show some class or you can stand there and be a cunt. If someone comes to your house and you ask them to remove their shoes, but they don't, are they being the good guys or the bad guys? Weird how TTUN plays there every other year, but this year they want to play dumb like they don't know this goes on. Weird how all these other Big Ten teams play there without incident. (That being said, I think it's a dumb tradition.)

That article also shows what Devin Bush Jr. did to the midfield logo. Classless. I saw the article about Harbaugh defending Bush's actions on Saturday, but a quick google search didn't find it. Although, it also doesn't find any of him condemning it either.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I heard they were 10 minutes late for their walk. They shouldn't have let MI on the field until after the walk. Who let them out there? You think anyone is on the field before the script OH regardless of how late it's starting? The dotting guy could have a flat tire and be four hours late. NO ONE will be on that field till he's there and finishes his thing. Absolutely MI should have given them the field. But at the same time. Kids. Rivalry. There's gonna be a few on each side that are gonna push buttons. There should have been a coach to coach discussion to get the field cleared before the march started. Delay it a few more minutes. Instead, they marched forward ready for the drama.

"Clear the field for our march"
"Say please"
"Fuck you" march starts.

Both sides could have handled it differently.

I can see State thinking it would be funny to let MI out there and then do the walk and 'plow' over them. I can see MI thinking it would be funny to take the field knowing the walk was coming because 'they said we could be out here at 10' making State plow over them, or breaking their line. Obviously LOTs of shit talk by both side before/during/after.

Classless of State if they set it up so MI would be on the field for the walk. Classless if State was legit late and asked MI to clear and they didn't. Regardless of the either of those two, classless of Bush to stomp the logo. He kind of looked pretty stupid doing it. I'd love to ask "Are you proud of that?" He'd probably say "Yes" though.

I would put ALL of my money on both teams playing a part in it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Gatto, Code, Dawkins guilty
Gatto, the sneaker company's director of global sports marketing for basketball, also was accused of conspiring with former Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola to pay $90,000 to former Kansas prospect Billy Preston's mother and $20,000 to current Jayhawks player Silvio De Sousa's guardian.

Jayhawks coach Bill Self on Wednesday said De Sousa, a sophomore forward, would be withheld from competing until "we can evaluate and understand the new information" presented during the trial -- "some of which we knew, some of which we didn't" -- during an eligibility review.

During closing arguments last week, one of Gatto's attorneys, Michael Schachter, told the jury that Gatto approved the payments to players' families at the request of coaches, including Self.
Still a little odd that De Sousa is sitting, but not Self.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Still a little odd that De Sousa is sitting, but not Self.
Not a little odd, but very disgusting. Fuck Bill Self.

The courts have ruled, now it's the NCAA's turn.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Wiretap audio released.

What's next?

Allegations still loom for: Auburn, USC, Ok St., Duke, Creighton, South Carolina, UNC, Oregon, DePaul, Maryland, LSU, and Arizona and Kansas again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: UNC
Yeah, there's nothing here for UNC.

Kansas, DePaul, Oregon, Arizona, OSU, Creighton, Louisville, sure.