NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: But the Big Ten is pretty soft.
Very soft. I think this one and done rule is killing college hoops.
I don't think it is, I still enjoy it much, much more than the NBA.

That being said, so weird to see so many seeded teams lose so often. 5 ranked teams lost tonight. OSU may be moving up some more.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: But the Big Ten is pretty soft.
Very soft. I think this one and done rule is killing college hoops.
I don't think it is, I still enjoy it much, much more than the NBA.

That being said, so weird to see so many seeded teams lose so often. 5 ranked teams lost tonight. OSU may be moving up some more.
The one and done rule is why so many ranked teams are losing. Benches aren't being developed, there's no continuity, etc. I'd like to see the kids stick around for another year or two. Additional education and practice can't hurt.

Watched OSU last night and I know they won, but they looked clunky. They were on the road after a couple of tough tests and finally being ranked, so I'm ok with it. NW shut down Bates-Diop, but the rest of the team took over. I like that. Shows you have talent and good coaching when a team shuts down your #1 option, but you still handle them. Definitely playing in the tournament this year, but I have no expectations on how far they could go. Like I said before, I'm thinking Sweet 16 would be an amazing year for this group.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The one and done rule is why so many ranked teams are losing. Benches aren't being developed, there's no continuity, etc.
And that's fine. Makes the college game more egalitarian. Hell, look at what happens when teams get stocked (NBA).
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Mark Emmert wants to clean up college basketball.

I realize there are scandals there, but college football isn't exactly doing so great either.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Another Saturday, another 3 top 10 teams losing...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Kentucky out of top 25 over 68 week run.

OSU at #13...yikes. I was comfortable with them around 20.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Kentucky out of top 25 over 68 week run.

Damn, son. Well, all your losses are to ranked teams. The win over Michigan is looking better, a win over MSU looks good straight-up, so yeah..
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Kentucky out of top 25 over 68 week run.

Well, welcome back to something closer to 20 :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Did you actually watch the game or just follow the score?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Did you actually watch the game or just follow the score?
Just followed the score, was doing other stuff. Good game?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Did you actually watch the game or just follow the score?
Just followed the score, was doing other stuff. Good game?
3 pointer to tie! Only to lose on a last-second 3 pointer!

There's a memory I didn't need.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I didn't start watching until about 10 minutes left. They were down 15 with about 5 minutes to go. So they fought all the way back into it, hit a last second shot to tie, and then got beat by a half court buzzer beater. Hell of a way to lose a game, but I didn't mind the loss.

As you pointed out, I think they were ranked too high. A loss, particularly to a team you're supposed to beat, helps a team regain and maintain focus.

That Carr for PSU had the game of his career and PSU shot 78% from deep. Hard to beat a team shooting like that. Hats off to them for that effort.

Although, from all accounts, including my college official father, it was a terribly officiated game. His exact quote was "worst officiated game I've seen this year". And just to qualify that statement during NCAA basketball season he watches at least one game a night. Not to mention the ones he officiates.

I didn't see a ton of bad calls in the 10 minutes I watched though, so I don't have an opinion on that first half.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That Carr for PSU had the game of his career and PSU shot 78% from deep
Yeah, hard to complete with that.

But it's just the way it is, nearly ever ranked teams has some blemishes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

That FBI thing sure hasn't metastasized... was expecting more shoes to drop.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

MSU President and AD resign in wake of Nassar scandal, but there could be even more to come.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'm hearing Izzo and Dantonio are not safe. Not saying they'll be gone, but there's a chance they'll be forced out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yeah, I'm hearing Izzo and Dantonio are not safe. Not saying they'll be gone, but there's a chance they'll be forced out.
The initial read is not pretty. Although, a lot of people thought UNC would have more fallout from fake classes, so.....