MMA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Laila Ali is bitter because Rousey has beaten her twice.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dana White was allegedly told about Holm.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Former WWE wrestler and now UFC fighter CM Punk has an 85/100 rating in the new UFC game.

The problem is he still hasn't even had his first UFC fight.

Calls everyone that has a problem with it "butt hurt dummies".

Edited By Leisher on 1452630734
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Chuckie offers to help Rousey.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fucking really?
"Literally sitting there thinking about killing myself. In that exact second, I'm like, 'I'm nothing. What do I do anymore? No one gives a s--- about me anymore without this.'"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not saying I endorse suicide, but I understand how she arrived at that feeling.

She's human and insanely competitive. She carries a lot of weight on her shoulders and when she failed, she felt like she failed everyone rooting for her, counting on her, doing business with her, and who believed in her.

She's not allowed to entertain horrible thoughts in a moment of weakness?

Actually admitting it publicly could even save a life.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

She's not allowed to entertain horrible thoughts in a moment of weakness?

To paraphrase the bard, I thought she was made of sterner stuff.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bah. Talking about a feeling doesn't make you weak. Acting on it does.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

One fucking loss, though. That's all it takes to plant a bit of doubt? Must be tough to be a 29-year old millionaire with a promising movie career ahead of her and one of the most dominating careers of any sport almost behind her.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:One fucking loss, though. That's all it takes to plant a bit of doubt? Must be tough to be a 29-year old millionaire with a promising movie career ahead of her and one of the most dominating careers of any sport almost behind her.
The first loss is always the biggest, and in her case is took a lot of wind out of her brand's sails.

Ask Tyson what one loss does to a person.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ask Tyson what one loss does to a person.

I chalk that up more to his manager dying. That dude was supposedly the only person keeping Mike's head together. Soon as he died, Mike's life went to shit outside then ring, and he fired his trainer. Rousey's got a bit more sense than that and doesn't appear to need a 24-7 babysitter.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gus Demotta?

That absolutely sent Tyson down the wrong path, but he didn't lose until years later. And once he lost, it was over. He won again, but he lost more often.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's more side show than sporting event.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Remember Holly Holm? The woman who beat Rousey and declared it wasn't a fluke?

Four months later she taped to a Rousey punching bag.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

They're going to wear helmets like sparring partners pretty soon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I saw one lady on FB saying they should outlaw strikes to the head. "Then the sport will be stronger and safer!"

I don't even know how to respond to that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: UFC

Post by Leisher »

McGregor retires at 27.

The speculation is that he was there two weeks ago when another fighter was killed in the ring, and figured "fuck this".