MMA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

UFC

Post by TheCatt »

Paige VanZant makes a lot more $$$ on Insta than UFC.
UFC stars like Ronda Rousey have headlined fights and earned millions. But even stars like VanZant and other female fighters earn significantly less than many male competitors, even if they win their matches.
At the UFC 241 event earlier this month, the highest-paid man, Stipe Miocic, earned a flat fee of $750,000. The highest-paid woman, Hannah Cifers earned $28,000--half of which was a bonus she received for winning the fight, according to Forbes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

What does it say about this particular equal pay argument when after reading the quoted text my first question was "Who is Hannah Cifers?"
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

UFC

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What does it say about this particular equal pay argument when after reading the quoted text my first question was "Who is Hannah Cifers?"
I hadn't hard of her either. I've heard of Paige and Ronda. But I don't follow UFC, so I have no idea how relatively popular women are vs men, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

According to PPV buy numbers, Rhonda and Brock Lesnar deserved the biggest money.

Everyone else seems to be meh. The UFC just doesn't have any big personalities, and those that are on the cusp belong to juicers or complete assholes that people hate.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

UFC

Post by TheCatt »

A bunch of people went to a UFC match, but a gymnastics meet broke out
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

That's both cool and stupid.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

UFC

Post by TheCatt »

I feel like that says a lot about current times.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Troy

UFC

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: McGregor retires.
So there will be like, a dozen, "out of retirement" fights right?"
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote:
Leisher wrote: McGregor retires.
So there will be like, a dozen, "out of retirement" fights right?"
This is his fourth retirement, so probably.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit!
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Former NBA star Nate Robinson tries his hand at MMA.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Connor McGregor went after MG Kelly at some music awards last night.

An actual fighter against a pretend tough guy would be awesome to witness.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Attempting to kill a pedo who was molesting Velasquez' family?

Take the cuffs off. I see no crime.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

ESPN actually aired a fight between an actual MMA fighter and someone that appears to have lost a bet?

The entire fight: Here is her record:

Stop fighting. You suck.