PGA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Someone tied Johnny Miller's US Open low round record, so he took Tiger's dick out of his mouth long enough to show that he's a petty asshole.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

PGA

Post by Malcolm »

Conor's sparring partner kind of said he'd be amazed if the UFC dude survives.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

PGA

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote: Conor's sparring partner kind of said he'd be amazed if the UFC dude survives.
I'm pretty sure people don't die in golf.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Malcolm wrote: Conor's sparring partner kind of said he'd be amazed if the UFC dude survives.
I'm pretty sure people don't die in golf.
10 weird golf deaths.
No, but seriously, duck when you hear "Fore!"
Golf Carts: The Silent Killers
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

PGA

Post by Malcolm »

Fucking last minute HTML rendering on the phone browser. And golf takes the most victims through boredom.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: And golf takes the most victims through boredom.
Did golf turn into baseball?

Went to a baseball game this weekend. I think it's hilarious how many people don't watch the game and are doing other things. We played dollar-dollar-dollar and still didn't pay attention to the game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

PGA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Malcolm wrote: And golf takes the most victims through boredom.
Did golf turn into baseball?

We played dollar-dollar-dollar and still didn't pay attention to the game.
This? Never heard of it before.

Golf... baseball... same thing. Now that the NBA is over, my Google phone keeps trying to give me baseball scores. Stop trying to make baseball happen, Google.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Tiger getting help for drug addiction. Glad he went out of his way to assure everyone it wasn't booze that caused him to crash his car and pass out...
This? Never heard of it before.
No. Here's how you play for when you're stuck at the most boring sport in history:
-Everyone needs singles (10-20)
-You pick a batting order among yourselves. First person/couple gets the first batter in the game and so on.
-The actual players don't matter, just your order. Point being, you might be rooting for a guy in the first inning, but then against him later if he comes up in someone's else's turn.
-You can do this with just the team you're rooting for or both teams.
-The group whose batter is up is either going to pay or get paid. If the batter during their turn strikes out, grounds out, or pops out they pay the other people/groups $1. If their batter gets a hit, they receive $1 from each player/group. $2 for a double, $3 for a triple, and $4 for a home run. Walks and hit by pitch are pushes. So are sacrifice bunts and flies.
-You can change the rules a bit if you'd like, such as pay an extra $1 for each person on base during a home run.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Pro Happy Gilmores a drive during a tournament.

The "why" is understandable and you'd think they could create some rules around it, but it does affect that tournament and overall standings.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

PGA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, at least he wasn't drinking, too.
Malcolm

PGA

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:
Well, at least he wasn't drinking, too.
He might've had trouble opening the bottle.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

PGA

Post by TheCatt »

Ewwww
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

PGA

Post by TheCatt »

Hasn't it been for a while?
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

I've been saying it for over a decade. I think he's finally ready to admit it.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Tiger Woods is trying to comeback again and he wants the balls changed.

I actually agree with him on this, and on his statement about equipment years ago. Every other sport limits what equipment can do, like baseball with bats and balls or NASCAR with every aspect of a car. Why not golf?

The biggest issue is the courses are used by amateurs and the pros, so you can't design the courses with just pros in mind. Pros aren't pros because they hit it farther. They do, but their accuracy is why they're the best of the best. Force them to use that accuracy, and limit their ability to save themselves with the long ball.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Long time golf rules changed.

Good. Those rules were stupid.