NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

3rd player goes G League. I'll miss these players in college, but these are the types of options they should have.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: these are the types of options they should have.
As a capitalist, sure.

As a realist, this is not going to go well for most of these kids. Most will fail without getting "life changing money". Then what? They get to fall back on their, assuredly shitty, education? Where people were rubber stamping their grades so they could play or where the kids themselves weren't putting in any effort because they were too wrapped up in the NBA pipe dream? The NBA has the fewest players of any league, which means the fewest opportunities. And many of these kids get bad advice. 36 of 120 underclassmen in this year's NFL draft went undrafted. Who the fuck told them to declare? Ultimately, who is going to pay the price for these failed athletes with no free education to fall back on? Society.

Oh, and also as a realist, I'll point out AGAIN that these kids have always had this option. This is not new. All they had to do is go play overseas.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: All they had to do is go play overseas.
That's some bullshit. "All you have to do is uproot you entire life"
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Because they're not already doing that moving to a new state and away from family that probably could never afford to visit? Plus, they'd probably get paid more overseas.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Because they're not already doing that moving to a new state and away from family that probably could never afford to visit? Plus, they'd probably get paid more overseas.
Moving states versus countries? Seriously?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Moving states versus countries? Seriously?
Yep.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA holding an all players conference call.

Interesting that while the league is oking a return to facilities, many teams are saying no. That includes the Lakers, which is a big deal.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Do it. The regular season is stupid anyway
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Do it. The regular season is stupid anyway
No argument.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting.... and better than golf.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: and better than golf.
watching, not playing
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA's plan to resume the season might be in jeopardy.

Some players think being sequestered by owners who aren't there might be a bad look. Uh huh. I'm sure other black Americans will be thinking, "Look at those millionaires sitting in Disneyworld, being waited on hand and foot, getting C-19 testing that I have no access to, and getting paid to play a child's game. They're. Just. Like. Me."

And yes, there are players genuinely concerned about C-19.

Kyrie Irving, who won't even be playing, is leading the revolt. Lebron James is leading the return to playing.

I'll remind you that Lebron once said NFL owners have a slave owner mentality. This is from a guy who is trying to force his fellow players to return to the game during a pandemic and who is making hundreds of millions of dollars thanks to slave labor overseas.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA players have until June 24th to decide on resuming season.

Several are still undecided or against it not because of money, but because of their "bubble" and the Floyd protests. The bubble has to do with who will have access to them in Orlando, and how it could make them vulnerable to C-19. The Floyd stuff just has some players wondering if resuming play right now is the right look.

Meanwhile, Kyrie Iring, who was recently exposed as a Flat Earther, thinks the players should start their own league.

Someone needs to educate Kyrie on the difference between being rich and sports owner rich.

I wish we knew more about his plans for "their own league". Knowing what we know about him at this point, I'm guessing he wants more of the profits and more control (over his ability to move and not talk to the media). I'm also guessing he hasn't the slightest idea how much is involved in creating a league, getting players, doing contracts, booking arenas, drawing audiences, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Individual players for playoff teams are starting to opt out of the restart.

This is the second one I've seen and is an interesting trend.

Bradley is really interesting as he's a Laker and Lebron has been telling the league the Lakers are 100% committed to the restart. Guess not.