NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
thibodeaux

NBA

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I listened to it once and didn't hear it.

The second time I absolutely did.
It sounded like she was saying Knicks and poorly corrected, and it sounded more like niggers than nakers to me.
I think this is true; her twitter bio says "New York." Not that I care if an MSNBC shill gets the axe.

And don't forget that "Knicks" is short for "Knickerbockers." So be careful with that one.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I'm done with Kobe coverage.

1. I'm getting annoyed at the people making it about them.
2. Like Kobe, I'm pretty close with my 14 year old daughter nicknamed "GiGi", so as a father I find the entire situation sad. I think about the other parents and daughter on the flight, and the sisters of both families still at home. Suckfest. I don't want to be reminded of it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Salary cap to drop because the NBA revenues are down.

The article discusses the lost money in China, but oddly doesn't mention how NBA ratings are way down. Odd, it's almost like ESPN way overpaid for the TV rights to the NBA or something...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Salary cap to drop because the NBA revenues are down.

The article discusses the lost money in China, but oddly doesn't mention how NBA ratings are way down. Odd, it's almost like ESPN way overpaid for the TV rights to the NBA or something...
Aren't the contracts fixed, though? Irrespective of ratings?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TV rights contracts are, yes.

However, my point was the article tries to lay the blame completely on Daryl Morey's pro-Hong Kong tweet, and that's simply not true. Business is down in every aspect of the league. I thought the article was being very disingenuous about that.

Plus, where are the disclaimers about their financial involvement with the league? One thing I'll give Fox is they include the disclaimer for any news story about something they're tied to. ESPN doesn't really do that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Plus, where are the disclaimers about their financial involvement with the league? One thing I'll give Fox is they include the disclaimer for any news story about something they're tied to. ESPN doesn't really do that.
Fair point
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Bradley Beal got snubbed.

The third leading scorer in the East gets left off the All Star team?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bradley Beal got snubbed.

The third leading scorer in the East gets left off the All Star team?
To be fair... Who?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The only reason the Wizards have 16 wins.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Beal's fiance would bitch slap Catt.
Probably. But being really good usually gets you noticed. I know all 10 starters, except Pascal Siakam.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Rockets win a game while playing only little people.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Rockets became the first NBA team to play an entire game without a player listed taller than 6-foot-6 since the New York Knicks in a Jan. 31, 1963, loss to the Chicago Zephyrs.
WHoa
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Beal's fiance would bitch slap Catt.
Probably. But being really good usually gets you noticed. I know all 10 starters, except Pascal Siakam.
But that's her point. You probably don't know a lot of the backups and alternates. He should have been in that mix.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You probably don't know a lot of the backups and alternates. He should have been in that mix.
Fair. I knew most, not all of them.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Rockets are shopping Capela.

I assume Boston is going to be in the running here.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

I think Clint is the only name I recognize there.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I recognize more than him, but not many more. It's funny, I don't watch the NBA. Not even the playoffs really. But the trade and free agent stuff for that league is far more interesting than any other sport.

For example, I posted about this trade, but totally ignored some massive one in baseball that people are saying makes the Dodgers the odds on favorite for the next decade and shows the Red Sox are giving up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: But the trade and free agent stuff for that league is far more interesting than any other sport.
Yeah, the NFL is pretty boring tradewise.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Morris to the Clippers.

That's huge news because the Lakers were trying to get him. Shots fired.

Heat and Grizz swap 6 players with the Wolves scooping up one.

Losing team deals for Drummond for some reason.

And breaking news that the Wolves (CRAZY active this year) have just traded Wiggins and picks to the Warriors for J Russell. (Go Buckeyes!)

Meanwhile, the Knicks fired their president and had interest from one of the league's best, the president for the Toronto Raptors, but they instead hired a player agent.