NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Was discussing the NBA free agency period with my BIL today.

AD is going to be courted by the Lakers, the Celtics, and the Knicks.

Rumors have the Lakers as a long shot due to NO's owner not liking how they acted at the trade deadline during the season. The Celtics are probably going to lose Irving, and might not want to also part with Brown/Tatum/picks for a one year rental. Meanwhile, the Knicks will be signing Durant are open to trading everyone else and will be offering their #3 pick, which means NO could draft Zion and Barrett.

That's when I realized the marketing for NO writes itself with "Duke Boys" stuff. Gordo's reference in another thread is the second one I've encountered today. Weird.

The Knicks could then go after Kemba Walker, which might happen anyway. That would meant no Irving to the Knicks. He'll probably end up in Brooklyn where he'll become irrelevant.

So what do the Lakers and Celtics do? What I'd love to see is the Celts let Irving walk and sign Russell to replace him. However, what if the Celtics and Lakers made a rare trade? AD is probably headed to LA after next season and the Lakers need to be ready. What if the Celts did a sign and trade to send Irving to LA to rejoin Lebron and the Lakers sent Lonzo Ball, Kuzma, picks, whatever to Boston who could then turn that around for whatever PG they actually do covet?

As shitty a product as the NBA puts on the floor, their offseason is always interesting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Leonard to the Raptors.

DeRozen is pissed.

This is a big gamble for Toronto. I have a feeling it won't pay off.
Does making the finals mean that it paid off?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Leonard to the Raptors.

DeRozen is pissed.

This is a big gamble for Toronto. I have a feeling it won't pay off.
Does making the finals mean that it paid off?
It all depends on your outlook. If they win, absolutely. If they lose and Kwahi leaves, does a finals appearance make it all worth it? They blew up their team for a guy who left.

Keep in mind, they never should have gotten past Philly.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Fan gets ejected for shoving Lowry.

He's lucky he didn't use words against him or he'd be banned for life. (Utah banned fans for life due to them possibly using slurs towards players...not the "n-word".)

If the Raptors win this series, the Leonard trade will be one of the best ever and will alter the NBA trade landscape for the next few years. Teams will give up huge assets just to score one superstar.

However, the Raptors are in the Finals after only having to play the Sixers in a weak East and are up 2-1 on a Warriors team missing 3 of their 7 best guys. KD and Thompson might be returning Friday...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Ejected fan is a Warriors investor.

Lebron weighed in, mainly because he is sitting at home watching the playoffs, and added the hashtag #PrivilegeAintWelcomeHere.

WTF does that mean? Is that because the guy's white? Because, if so, that's insanely racist. Is it because he's rich? Because that's insanely hypocritical.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: WTF does that mean? Is that because the guy's white? Because, if so, that's insanely racist. Is it because he's rich? Because that's insanely hypocritical.
Yeah, that's not helping.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Guy who shoved Lowry gets 1 year ban.

Durant out for game four.

If Durant comes back with the Warriors down 1-3 and then the Warriors win, he'll cement his legacy. That'd do a lot to turn around the bandwagon perception.

Nets make a trade to clear up two max contracts.

They're getting Kyrie and...?

In related news, with Kyrie leaving the Celtics are apparently out of the AD sweepstakes, which fucks the Pelicans as the asking price just dropping without the Celts bidding.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

If Durant doesn't come back, Golden State can't win this series.

There's rumors that Kwahi could sign a shot term deal to stick around in Toronto another year. I guess it'll depend what goes on in LA, which is his preferred destination.

There's also rumors Lebron could want out of LA if they bring him in some help. This one is interesting. Who would benefit from getting Lebron? Only teams with enough assets to not lose everything trading for him. It'd have to be a contender. Boston is the most intriguing. They could trade to bring him in at the 1, keep Tatum, Brown, Horford (maybe), and Hayward. That'd be a hell of a story if Lebron came in and won in Boston where Kyrie failed.

AD will be going to the Knicks, 76ers, or Lakers. Should be interesting.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Oddly, the exact same thing AD wants: "A team. Preferably not called the Pelicans"
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Apparently Toronto fans cheered when KD was hurt last night. I missed it, but it has blown up on Twitter, sports shows, etc.

Toronto has become a hated sports town overnight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Apparently Toronto fans cheered when KD was hurt last night. I missed it, but it has blown up on Twitter, sports shows, etc.

Toronto has become a hated sports town overnight.
Srsly. Even if deep down I'm kinda rooting for an opponent to be injured, I wouldnt express it. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Celtics trying for Davis to keep Kyrie around.

Really? Your fan base can't wait for him to leave. He was fucking awful. Let him go. Build a team, not a bunch of individuals.

Speaking of the dumbfuck that thinks the Earth is flat, Kyrie dumps his agent and will sign with Jay Z's group. Jay Z being a part owner of the Nets...

Unless the Celtics are just driving up the price, they're being morons.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Celtics trying for Davis to keep Kyrie around.

Really? Your fan base can't wait for him to leave. He was fucking awful. Let him go. Build a team, not a bunch of individuals.
I've only been to a single Celtics game, but they sure cheered for.him when he was announced
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That was when the love affair was still hot and heavy. At one point during the season he told the fans that he was 100% staying. A month later he was already talking leaving.

This is a veteran player whose mere presence degraded a team that went to the Eastern Conference Finals last year. Kyrie is a great player, but by all accounts a really bad teammate and extremely strange person.

He wanted to be the leader of a team. He got it and failed miserably.
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

Problem is, Kyrie wants to be Batman but he's more like Robin. Put Kyrie with someone like KD, Kawhi or Lebron and then he's a dangerous side kick, maybe the most dangerous #2 in the league but he's no number 1.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Exactly.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Kemba Walker says he'd take less to stay with Hornets.

This is a big deal as he was long rumored to be heading to the Knicks with Durant.

Why is the NBA offseason so much more interesting than any of their games?