NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

(This was also posted in the NFL thread where it's pretty relevant.)

Adam Silver has told every team he expects all players to stand.

This is delicious.

All the people boycotting the NFL because Kaep doesn't have a job, mostly black people, now have to boycott the NBA or show the world their hypocrisy.

Meanwhile, all the "patriots" boycotting the NFL because of the kneeling know how a decision to make. Do they support the NBA because they're making players stand or boycott them because they're restricting first amendment rights?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Lesse, the pro basketball sucks, and pro football is great... so who gives a damn about the kneeling.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

According to my FB feed, "patriots".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Father of the year candidate to pull LaMelo from his remaining two years of high school.

He's going to home school him and "make him the best basketball player ever."

Why? Because he doesn't want to deal with the coach at the school or the administrators.

How's LaMelo feel about it?
because I can spend all my time now and dedication into it instead of going to school and doing book work
The stupidity of this man's decisions are amazing, and the fact that people cheer him on says so much about our society.
GORDON
Site Admin

NBA

Post by GORDON »

I would need more info. I don't automatically assume homeschooling is bad... of course, it is a case-by-case thing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I would need more info. I don't automatically assume homeschooling is bad... of course, it is a case-by-case thing.
He's pulling his kid out of school to focus on basketball. That's all you need to know, but if you want more, please scroll back through the NBA forum and look at every article about LaVar Ball. You'll get the picture.
GORDON
Site Admin

NBA

Post by GORDON »

"Come on basketball, go go! COme on... play basketball!"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Exactly.

Is this the first ever recorded case of a parent pulling their son out of high school with the intent of focusing on their basketball skills rather than actual book learning?

This also further proves my point on the NFL not going anywhere. Sports aren't just a hobby in this country, they're lifestyles and religions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

No worse than all those kids and iMG Academy, or whatever, but $50k cheaper.

In our district we have an online high school for people who want to so stuff like this at that age. Our next door neighbor is doing it for ballet, of all things.

I really have no issue here. People make dar dumber decisions, o guess it could impact his 1 yr of college requirement, butbwhatevs
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I have a huge issue with Lavar Ball thinking he can teach his kid anything but basketball.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have a huge issue with Lavar Ball thinking he can teach his kid anything but basketball.
He could teach them rhetoric.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Black player calls out Chinese player for having dreads. The Chinese player responds complimenting the black player's Chinese tattoos.

Black player has since taken down his video.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Black people need to stop pretending they invented dreads and somehow have the exclusive rights to them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Black people need to stop pretending they invented dreads and somehow have the exclusive rights to them.
Seriously.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Isaiah Thomas having trouble understanding that sports is a business.

I really dig Isaiah. I do. He's a great player. He was an immensely popular guy in Boston. Probably the most popular since Bird. (Not a joke.) What he did for the team this past season was incredible.

However, he's 5'9" and just suffered an injury that has ended or drastically changed the careers of every other player that had it. He was about to become a free agent and wanted a max contract. His game also revolves around driving inside and making contact, which doesn't bode well for his frame or the length of his career. Plus, short guys typically flame out much faster. Finally, he was a defensive liability.

Ainge traded away that and a declining player to get back a guy that's a better shooter, slightly better defender, younger, plays big in big games, and is under contract for another two years.

Both are risks, but I think Ainge went with the safer play.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Warning: The article I'm linking has a video that makes the Theisman leg break look tame.

Gordon Hayward suffers horrific leg injury 5 minutes into season (w/video).

Celtics impressively lost by three in Cleveland after they got over the shock of seeing that happen to their teammate.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lonzo Ball finally debuted, didn't play well, and his team got destroyed. So, of course, his asshole father has to take shots at the guy who guarded him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »