NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

NBA

Post by Malcolm »

Guns or hoops?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That made me laugh.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The next Lebron chooses Duke. They're now the favorite to win it all.

Sorry Catt and Troy.

This kid is why Boston will not trade next year's Nets #1 pick. Boston will be rooting for the Nets to suck again. If they're the worst team in the league that'll give them a 25%(?) chance at getting the #1 draft pick, which is owned by Boston thanks to the Pierce-Garnet trade.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Las Vegas, Nevada just released odds on where LeBron James will continue his NBA career and they like the Golden State Warriors' chances.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That would be amazing. I hope the NBA implodes.

Bill Simmons suggested the Cavs trade Kyrie to the Lakers just to fuck over Lebron.

Saw another article today that said they should trade Lebron to the Lakers for the entire Ball family. Ha!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Kyrie to Boston for Isaiah Thomas + more
"Kyrie is one of the best scorers in the NBA. He has proven that on the biggest stage, the NBA Finals, the last three years," said Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge. "He's been an NBA Champion, an Olympic Gold Medalist, and a four-time All-Star. For all he's accomplished, we think his best years are ahead of him."
I don't love the trade, from Boston's perspective, but who knows.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The Celtics gave up too much. I don't mind losing Thomas, Crowder, and that other dude, but the Nets pick is a huge blow. If they could have had that next LeBron guy and Kyrie leaves in two years, this trade is going to look terrible.

However, dumping Thomas, who is hugely popular in Boston, is a perk. He's under six feet tall, has a bad hip injury that is historically a career killer, and wanted a max deal.
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

The Cavs had no problems stopping Thomas, and Crowder who's supposed to be a good wing defender never slowed the Cavs down one bit, so how do you think they will fare against GS? They are both pretty good regular season players but when the playoffs start its a different story.

I usually say the team that gets the best player wins the deal, so i'd say the Celtics have won the trade so far. But it will all come down to who the Cavs can get in the 2018 draft and luckily they have had some pretty damn good luck with the ping pong balls.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I heard this morning that the Celtics evaluated that Nets pick again and they think it'll be in the 7-8 range. Brooklyn got better, while several teams got a lot worse and have every reason to tank.

So, by that logic, I'm ok with the deal now.

I also read where David Giffin had revealed Boston was on Kyrie's wish list because of Brad Stevens. So that's cool.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Is your favorite player on the cover of the new NBA 2K game? If so, he's leaving...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Get your bet in now because this line is going to move fast.

Will they make the playoffs? Yes.

Is it worth a $1 to bet they don't? Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Barkely calls out players as "babies".
"You know, these poor babies can't play back-to-back games. They're making 20, 30, 40 million dollars a year. But we want to make it convenient for them. ... We can't stress 'em out. So we're just going to make it more comfortable for them. The private jets and four-star hotels is not enough," he said, continuing his sarcastic tone.
Say what you want, but his tirade isn't without logic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

You know, if the world lets me be a baby and make $40M, I will.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

In case you forgot, LeBron is still a massive dick.

He would be a great Scientologist.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Wade to the Cavs looks imminent.

He'll be a nice placeholder until Thomas returns.