NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA proposes lower draft age to 18.

They say this has been in the works awhile and wasn't related to Zion.

How long until the first kid sits out his senior year knowing he's the #1 pick? Granted, it'll have to be another Lebron, KG, or Zion, but that person is coming.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

As it should be.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I honestly can't wait because this logic has no ending.

Lebron Jr Jr can sit out of Jr high.

Lebron Jr Jr Jr can just not play until he's getting paid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I honestly can't wait because this logic has no ending.

That's dumb. People 18 are over have different legal rights than those under 18, so we've already made some sort of distinction as a society.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I honestly can't wait because this logic has no ending.

That's dumb. People 18 are over have different legal rights than those under 18, so we've already made some sort of distinction as a society.
Oh, we have? Please show me where that distinction lies because I only see it for being able to join the military. Oh wait, there's the arbitrary "you're an adult now" bullshit. Only you're not, as you're still a teen and can't buy alcohol, tobacco in some places, can't rent a car or a hotel room, etc.

But that really has zero to do with my point.

If you're 17 and a senior in high school who is a lock for the #1 pick, why the hell would you play for your school for free? I mean, actually free, not the "free" people claim college players play for like Zion who doesn't pay for school, his room, food, medical expenses, marketing your name and skills to the public and pro teams, etc.

"Free"...

You think no player has ever had their promising careers ended in high school? Players are being recruited in middle school now. If you're getting recruited in middle school to go play pro ball, you honestly think nobody is going to think "We should shut him down so he doesn't get hurt before he gets paid"?

By the way, if someone doesn't want to go to college, they are legally allowed to go to Europe to play or to Lavar Ball's league or the AAU and soon (now?) the G League. That's in place RIGHT NOW. All those options pay a salary.

Yeah, the system is just so broken. I really feel horrible for these kids. Just no options and their talents are being used by people without compensation.

I also love how a free education (degree) is the lost red headed bastard child in all of this. Completely meaningless and considered to have zero value.(And not in the way I view it.) It really says something about our culture or, at least, a segment of it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

In other NBA news...

Stephen Jackson thinks players today are spoiled and play for money and not the love of the game.

I just don't know where he gets that idea from...*cough*
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: In other NBA news...

Stephen Jackson thinks players today are spoiled and play for money and not the love of the game.

I'm sure he just spews bullshit for the love of spewing bullshit, and gets no $$$. Much less any other working person on earth.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: In other NBA news...

I'm sure he just spews bullshit for the love of spewing bullshit, and gets no $$$. Much less any other working person on earth.
I mean, we're spewing bullshit for the love of it...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Since it's work hours, I'm kinda getting paid for it...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That's funny, I thought the same when I was typing it. I should go demand more money before my keyboard explodes and ends my career.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

LeBron bashes his teammates.

This is where Kyrie learned it.

Neither understands leadership.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lebron is out there criticizing his teammates for their effort and lack of focus as they try to make a playoff push.

Here's Lebron playing defense in their last game:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Went to my first NBA game in a LOOONNNGG time last night. It was cool cuz our company got a box/suite for the night. The owner is a big Celtics fan.

But it's weird. The game is long, the season is long. It's like they only get amped up for a few minutes.

Also, the shooting was terrible. At one point the two teams combined were 8/50 for 3pts

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=401071586
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, the NBA is terrible basketball.

It's why people who love the actual game should abhor how the NBA is going to kill college basketball.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

I was surprised at how physical the game is. People leading with their shoulders, no call, etc. Lots of contact relative to the college game.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA commish says player in today's league are profoundly sad, depressed, lonely, and isolated.

He might have a point. Today's NBA is about individuals and no longer is about teams.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: NBA commish says player in today's league are profoundly sad, depressed, lonely, and isolated.

He might have a point. Today's NBA is about individuals and no longer is about teams.
Damn millennials.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, and the sprained ankle 2 weeks ago isn't helping.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »