NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, he deserves every bit of it. What a jackass.

I truly wonder if he can see the hypocrisy in this statement:
"Yes, we do have freedom of speech," James said. "But at times there are ramifications for the negative that can happen when you're not thinking about others, when you only think about yourself."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Dumbass decides never to talk China again.

However, he did so by doubling down on his stupidity:
"No, I had a sense of [how] what I said felt for me," James said after the Los Angeles Lakers' practice. "And like I said yesterday, when I speak upon things, I speak from a very logical standpoint on things that hit home for me. Yesterday, obviously, I gave thoughts on what I felt and how I saw things that transpired from that week that we were [in China]."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

NBA

Post by Troy »

RE: Lebron. This popped up on Reddit and has aged well. She was ahead of her time.

https://youtu.be/4f3GNCa7YYU
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Can we talk about the guy screaming, "Watch your mouth woman"?

That hasn't aged well.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Adam Silver admits the NBA's financial losses in China have been substantial.

He also states he won't fire or even punish Morey despite China asking him to do so. That right there is probably where China is still balking at doing business with the NBA. It's also where Silver is between a rock and a hard place. On one hand he's losing the Chinese market despite very publicly bowing to them. On the other he can't do shit to Morey or he loses the U.S. market. Congress people from both sides of the aisles threatening things if he does fire Morey isn't making things easier.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

China firing back claiming they didn't ask for Morey to be fired.

This just keeps getting worse for the NBA and it all started with a two line tweet about freedom.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: China firing back claiming they didn't ask for Morey to be fired.

This just keeps getting worse for the NBA and it all started with a two line tweet about freedom.
China's credibility level is high enough that I totally believe their statement.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: China's credibility level is high enough that I totally believe their statement.
Oh they're totally lying, but it's yet another wedge in their relationship with the NBA.

Who would have thought that doing business with an oppressive government, that doesn't allow its people to have a voice, would be difficult?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Zion hurt again and will miss weeks.

You've got wonder if those extra pounds are playing a role in his frequent injuries. Hopefully they don't doom his career, ala Greg Oden.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

So 'your mother' comments, talking about your family, talking about test scores, anything non-basketball-related, we've added that in as well as being something that we will go and pull a fan out of the seat and investigate what happened."
That feels a bit too far
I should be able to call a player an idiot or a fucktard for messing up.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Exactly.

It's complete elimination of free speech during a time when the NBA is trying its best to pretend they support free speech.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Also, I finally saw your tagline, and I hate you.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Ha!

It's been my tagline since the story broke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Zion hurt again and will miss weeks.

You've got wonder if those extra pounds are playing a role in his frequent injuries. Hopefully they don't doom his career, ala Greg Oden.
Had surgery. 6 to 8 weeks
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Celts pay Jaylen.

He deserved it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Clippers were missing George. Lakers were at full strength.