NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lebron would consider Golden State if a max salary slot was open.

ESPN is pushing this like it's a big story. It's not.

First, GS would have to dump Green and/or Thompson. Not happening. You don't dump young players for an aging guy known for causing drama.

Second, Lebron is going to the Lakers.

Third, the only way Lebron doesn't end up with the Lakers is if Snyder sells and the new owners offer Lebron ownership or Houston makes some crazy offer.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Member the Lebron who quit playing during the series with the Celtics?

He's back.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lue is confident Cleveland will make playoffs.

I'm rooting for them to for those in my family who are Cavs fans. However, I have to admit to wanting to see the train wreck if they failed to make the playoffs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Gambling tip: Start betting against the Knicks as they're inevitably going to start tanking.

Porzingis lost for the season.

In other news, Stranger, why is Cleveland holding onto that Nets pick? They're the 8th worst record (where I said they'd be) and aren't tanking. Now the Knicks WILL tank further reducing the chances of that pick being in the top three. Dump it for a young player!
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: In other news, Stranger, why is Cleveland holding onto that Nets pick? They're the 8th worst record (where I said they'd be) and aren't tanking. Now the Knicks WILL tank further reducing the chances of that pick being in the top three. Dump it for a young player!
i think they are hesitant to trade it because ownership believes Lebron is gone after this year. If he made any sort of commitment to the team i'd have no doubt that pick would be traded. So trading it now would just be an attempt to rent a player for this year when everybody pretty much feels like it won't help them to win it this year.

They aren't going to get a young player in a trade, this time of year so they might as well hold onto it and use that as their key piece in a rebuild. Lets face it, this team looks and plays really old, time to wipe the cupboards bare and start over. i say keep the pick, but we'll see trade deadline is thursday.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Cavs made their trade.

Isaiah escapes Lebron's shadow, but is clearly only going to be a Laker for a year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Thomas said this week that he was sick of being traded and wanted to stay with Cleveland.
Oh well.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Cavs are now trading Wade back to Miami! What the fuck?!
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

Good trade overall.. Oldest, slowest team in the league needed to get younger and more athletic.

Doesn't matter if Lebron is back or not next year, they need to look to the future regardless.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

Larry Nance will be popular in Cleveland. The first slam dunk champ, his father was very popular.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

Glad to so Isiah go too.. Dude, just isn't the same. He has played absolutely horrendous since he came back, little guy that cant defend and cant score and is a turnover machine is not a good combination at all.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

I honestly have no idea what these trades mean.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

It means Cleveland just blew up their team and rebuilt it in a matter of a few hours.
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

Eh, i don't see any game changers in those trades. They got rid of lots of old and injury riddled baggage for some youth and athleticism.

I actually liked Wade coming off the bench and that is the only part of this trade that might be missed.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It means Cleveland just blew up their team and rebuilt it in a matter of a few hours.
For better? Stranger seems to think... maybe.