NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Better than his other letter.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA players in brawl in China.

The guy in blue who starts the video with the ball is a dirty piece of shit. His cheap shot starts the whole thing, and got what he deserved.

Watch how the blue team gangs up on one player on the right side of the screen. Their coaches suck too. They let their bench run onto the court, while the yellow team holds their bench players back.

The Philippines should be disqualified from the tournament and the players/coaches should be banned from next year's.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Maker, Kickert, Christopher Goulding and Nathan Sobey were ejected for Australia. Blatche, Terrence Romeo, Jayson Castro, Carl Bryan Cruz, Calvin Abueva, Roger Pogoy, Troy Rosario, Japeth Aguilar and Matthew Wright were the nine players disqualified from the Philippines team.

The game resumed with the Philippines team fielding only three players. Two of those players quickly fouled out, leaving one Philippines player on the court, which forced the officials to call the game with Australia winning 89-53.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lakers dump Randle and add Rondo.

Apparently, some statement from Lebron mentions many Lakers, but not Ball. Simmons pointed out on a recent podcast that Lebron's statement when returning to Cleveland didn't mention Wiggins, who was quickly traded.

I mention that because picking up Rondo might be a sign they're going to send Ball packing. Perhaps they grabbed Rondo because Ball is part of their offer for Leonard?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Must be weird to have your team run by a player.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Warriors respond by signing the best free agent center.

They will start 5 all stars.

The NBA is broken.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Dude tore his Achilles... we can't judge him til he's playing again. He may be terrible.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Saw an article on ESPN that states guys with that injury come back 8% worse the first year, which is still better than most centers in the league.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Saw an article on ESPN that states guys with that injury come back 8% worse the first year, which is still better than most centers in the league.
Another article. It's a 1 year contract, Season starts in October, and are hoping he shows up in Jan/Dec.
According to a 2013 medical study that identified 18 players who suffered major Achilles injuries over a 23-year span (1988-2011), seven players never returned to the league. Players who returned missed an average of 56 games and saw their PER decline in their first and second seasons back. A 2015 CBS Sports article found that among 14 players who returned from Achilles injuries since 1992, they averaged fewer minutes while both their field goal and three-point percentages dropped, on average. There are very few complete success stories.
As you've already stated, he's not going to be the same player. The question is how close, assuming he makes it back.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Yep, I've heard it's win-win for the Warriors. He comes back and plays good to great or they can dump/trade him at the trade deadline. No harm, no foul.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Irving and Butler want to be on the same team.

Very interesting.

Boston could obviously make it happen, but they'd have to send someone packing or to the bench. Right now their starting 5 should be Irving, Hayward, Horford, Brown, and Tatum.

I could see them making a move midseason if they saw the need. Send away whoever isn't fitting and bring in Butler.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Rumors out there that Kyrie wants to go to the Knicks with Jimmy Butler.

As a Boston fan, I'd be fine with this move. The Knicks are horribly run and are no threat. It'd also free up Boston salary by removing a guy who apparently doesn't want to be there. Boston has so many assets, losing Kyrie wouldn't really hurt. I mean, they got to within 2 minutes of the Finals last year without him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Melo and Thunder will part ways before the season.

Read the numbers. They're staggering.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Does he have that much money?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Does he have that much money?
No sir.

I assume he believes he will get sponsors to pay for it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I was listening to the latest Hollywood Babble-On podcast, which was a live show in LA, and when it was mentioned that Lebron signed with the Lakers, most of the crowd booed.

Between this, the vandalized sign, and the vandalized house I wonder if Lebron fatigue has set in with basketball fans. Are people just sick of him or are they sick of the player run league he enabled?