NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

My buddy in SC attended a Hornets game last night against the Raptors. He posted some pictures on FB.

Holy empty seats Batman! From the top of the stadium to the floor it looks less than half full.

Remember when the NBA was "getting to be bigger than the NFL"? Since the NBA got that full head all NBA ratings and ticket sales are way down.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Charlotte's terrible, and not a large market. Also, 41 homes games a year? ugh.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

People continue to trash Durant for joining the Warriors and now the Nets.

You can tell he's extremely thin skinned about it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you The New York Knicks!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

"Scratchers" ?!? Like not even a real $1,000?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

This is a few weeks after the Lakers gave away $100K for making a half court shot.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

"The at-fault driver created utter chaos on the roadway, needlessly endangering the lives of countless motorists; he now stands charged with DUI, admitted drinking, had alcohol in the car with him, passed out after causing a three-car crash at 2:00PM on a Wednesday in a busy intersection, seriously injuring and potentially ending Mr. Parsons' career as a professional athlete."
I really react harshly to drunk drivers. Like give this guy the death penalty already.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Delonte West gets beat up in the street.

What happened to his millions?

This guy was rumored to have banged Lebron's mom. When Lebron went to the Heat it was with the stipulation that they trade or cut a guy on their team that looked a lot like West.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Zion Williamson plays for a few minutes
Williamson scored 17 consecutive points during a stretch that electrified the crowd and helped turn a double-digit deficit into a brief Pelicans lead before he headed to the bench for the last time with 5:23 remaining.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Easy to do when nobody is guarding you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Kobe Bryant dead I. Helicopter crash
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That sucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Between 2005 and 2009, there was an annual average of 1.44 fatalities (PDF) per 100,000 flying hours in nonmilitary helicopters. Over the same period, there were 13.2 traffic fatalities per 100,000 population in the United States annually. Since the average American spends around 780 hours per year (PDF) in the car, that means the fatality rate per 100,000 hours of driving time is just 0.017. Based on hours alone, helicopters are 85 times more dangerous than driving.
Logical. Something goes wrong in the air, you can't just pull over.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Someone else's career ended today, too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

She responds.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

So, are the "LA Niggers" a thing? Is that something people in LA use to describe their sports team dominated by black people? If so, then I tend to think she either uses it or knows people who do. If not, I'll go with slip of the tongue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

It's "I forgot my parking break, and my car rolled down a hill" vs "I forgot my parking break, and it ran over a child" So even if it is a slip of the tongue, she slipped in a way that many will perceive poorly.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I listened to it once and didn't hear it.

The second time I absolutely did.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I listened to it once and didn't hear it.

The second time I absolutely did.
It sounded like she was saying Knicks and poorly corrected, and it sounded more like niggers than nakers to me.