NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Baseball the sport sucks. Basketball the sport is fun to watch and play.

But both leagues are dumpster fires.

MLB allows people to buy championships, they don't really care about PED usage, players are WAY overpaid, the season is too long, the one game first round playoff game is a joke, they murder fans, and so on.

The NBA is run by the players and the game barely follows the traditional rules of basketball.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Speaking of the NBA dumpster fire...

KP and the Knicks have different stories about why he was traded.

Why is this interesting?

Because the Knicks announced that during their meeting with KP they think he implied he wanted out. Within an hour he was gone in a multiplayer deal.

Now look at the Anthony Davis situation. He actually announced his desire to be traded. Here we are over a week later, and no movement despite many offers.

So what's the point?

There is speculation that the Knicks had this trade done well before the meeting with KP. That's why it could come together so quickly. The meeting with him was a smokescreen to be able to blame him for the move. Because why would a franchise trade away their best player in 20+ years who is still under his rookie contract? Who trades a franchise player for cash? It makes no sense at all.

Unless...

The Knicks know something they shouldn't per league rules. Their trade opens up two max salary slots. The speculation is Kevin Durant has told them he'll come if they bring another max player in, and recently Kyrie has been linked to the Knicks, backtracking on previous statements he's made about staying in Boston. People say Durant looks at the Knicks like his "Cleveland". If he can build a winner there, he'll cement his legacy like Lebron did in Cleveland.

Anyway, this would all be very much against league rules, tampering, and more proof that the players run the NBA.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There is speculation that the Knicks had this trade done well before the meeting with KP. That's why it could come together so quickly.
A trade like that isn't happening in 1 hour.
Leisher wrote: Anyway, this would all be very much against league rules, tampering, and more proof that the players run the NBA.
True, but there's so many whispers. I have no doubt the rules are being broken.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Is that money guaranteed?
Wall, who is making $19.2 million this season, is signed through the 2022-23 season. He will make $38.2 million next season, $41.2 million in 2020-21, $44.3 million in 2021-22 and $47.3 million in 2022-23.
Goodness
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Is that money guaranteed?
It is...

A Knicks heavy version of the KP deal, and how things came together so quickly. Even if true, it still makes it curious that they were shopping their best player in 20 years who is hugely popular in the city and under a rookie deal.

Lakers demand Pelicans counter offer or they walk.

Kind of a good move by Johnson. It tells the Pelicans and the league that the Lakers will stop bidding for Davis, meaning his price will drop in the summer. But what they are currently offering is: Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, and 2 first round draft picks...for only Anthony Davis. Holy shit.

The Lakers must truly believe Davis and Lebron will bring them titles because they'll be crippled. This could be the Hershel Walker trade, the NBA version.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lakers get annihilated.

I've heard the players all looked very slow and uninspired. It's almost like all of them, except for James, have seen their names in stories about being traded, and for some reason, that's messing with their heads...

Phily completes a trade that gets them referred to as the East's Golden State.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I've heard the players all looked very slow and uninspired. It's almost like all of them, except for James, have seen their names in stories about being traded, and for some reason, that's messing with their heads...
Ouch. But yeah "You are all disposable, except that one guy" is only motivating to a few people, not most.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

No comment needed.

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Mavericks trade Barnes during a game.

Lebron weighs in:
LeBron James took to Instagram on Wednesday to point out the hypocrisy of teams trading players vs. players requesting trades.

"So let me guess this is cool cause they had to do what was best for the franchise right???" James wrote. "Traded this man while he was literally playing in the game and had ZERO idea. I'm not knocking who traded him because it's a business and you have to do what you feel what's best but I just want this narrative to start to get REAL/CHANGE and not when a player wants to be traded or leaves a Franchise that he's a selfish/ungrateful player but when they trade you, release , waive, cut etc etc it's best for them! I'm ok with both honestly, truly am. Just call a ♠️ a ♠️!!"
Here's the thing though:
Barnes' agent, Jeff Schwartz, told ESPN's Paul Pierce that he and the Mavericks were working on a trade and Barnes knew that something was in the works with Sacramento. The timing was agreed upon during the game, according to Schwartz, and Barnes wanted to play.
And fuck you Lebron. Who owns the team? Who cuts you checks? You really think the employee should have all the power and not the owner/team?

P.S. While you're out here being selfish bitching about teams trading players and how you want the power, nobody gives a fuck about the fans.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lavar is back in the news claiming Lonzo is better than Lebron...

I've also heard fulfillment of orders for their shoes have been a dumpster fire.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Every time I think I understand sports, I don't.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Bucks co-owner fined for "tampering".

He simply said he loves that guys like Anthony Davis see what they're doing and want to come play there.

Meanwhile, a player for the LA Lakers is publicly recruiting players via his best friend's agency and there's no issue?

You know who loves not having control over their investments? Billionaires.

Want a whacky prediction? This comes to a head and certain players, seeing what's going on in football, start their own league to compete with the NBA.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Bradley Beal took 5 steps and wasn't whistled for traveling. Now the NBA is explaining how he didn't travel.

People are rightfully calling bullshit on this explanation everywhere they can.

I guess this wasn't traveling either?

[media]https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-05-2015/xd9mVs.mp4[/media]
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, he did lose control, but he lost it to himself. I don't remember that resetting the "walk" when I played.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Some NFL owners and Fortune 500 companies want Adam Silver to be their boss.

This is a problem with corporate America. Sure, NBA ratings are up, but they're not in the same universe as the NFL. Hell, they were just beat by the AAF. Meanwhile, they have serious, serious issues with player tampering, small markets being unable to compete, contracts spiraling out of control, and so on. What has Adam Silver done to warrant all this attention? David Stern is the one who really put the NBA on the map. Adam Silver is just reaping the rewards by being silent.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Kyrie Irving is not a leader.

Boston can go ahead and dump his ass. I'd rather see him gone than Tatum.

LeBron claims to be kicking it into another gear for the playoff push.

Serious question: Why? So you can get your asses kicked by every other team in the playoffs? He should take the last 25 games easy and rest up for next year in case someone actually joins him in LA.