NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Lue channels his inner Trump
Lue: LeBron was clearly 4 feet outside the restricted area. So it doesn't make sense to go review something if -- the review is if he's on the line or if he's close to the charge circle, that's the review. He wasn't close. So what are we reviewing? Either call a blocking foul or call an offensive foul.
This is untrue. Blatantly untrue.

He was barely outside the restricted area 1s prior to contact, then moved into KD to cause the block, as he moved away from the restricted area.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

i have no problem with them looking to see if he was outside the restricted area (even though it is a really obscure rule that i've never seen implemented before). But i DO have a problem with them changing the call on the court of a charge, it was a bang bang play and if they would've called it a block then so be it, i could live with the call on the court. But the fact that they go and change a "judgement" call is beyond me.

The NFL doesn't change judgment calls on penalties, only to see if the player was inbounds or a catch etc.. Could you imagine if someone overturned a holding call on a replay against Tom Brady?

So yeah, saying Lebron was 4 feet outside the circle is a stretch, but his statment of "what are we reviewing" is really what matters here.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: i have no problem with them looking to see if he was outside the restricted area (even though it is a really obscure rule that i've never seen implemented before). But i DO have a problem with them changing the call on the court of a charge, it was a bang bang play and if they would've called it a block then so be it, i could live with the call on the court. But the fact that they go and change a "judgement" call is beyond me.
It was pretty 50/50... so the reversal surprised me.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Looking to NBA refs for legit officiating is like looking to Trump for well thought out, measured responses.

FYI Stranger, Cowherd is banging on the same point you made. Why was a judgement call reversed?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

This really does just feed into Leisher's paranoia :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: "Paranoia"
I picture a room in your house with pictures of refs and various basketball players, maybe even past + present commishes taped to the wall and lots of red lines connecting them.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

You remember my dad's a BBall official? Ditto for an uncle and a few friends of the family. I've been to a lot of games and hear a lot of stories. To a person, they all think the NBA's a joke.

Not to mention that actual NBA refs have admitted to different treatment for different players based upon star power. Oh, and one ref who admitted to fixing the NBA finals.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That video needed to have a menacing shot of Adam Silver ala Palpatine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Hard to argue against Lebron right now.

...But if they play the Warriors.. Warriors in 5
Looking like a good prediction so far.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Losing that first game the way they did pretty much sealed the Cavs' fate. That was a demoralizing loss.
Stranger

NBA

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Stranger wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Hard to argue against Lebron right now.

...But if they play the Warriors.. Warriors in 5
Looking like a good prediction so far.
In other words.. The gentlemen's sweep
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Lebron dumps on Trump. Also says that neither Cleveland now GS would accept an invite to the WH, so Fuck Trump.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I would go.

Fuck Trump, but how often do you get to go to the White Horse?

Cleveland is fucked if/when Lebron bolts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

538 says GSW 1 pt favorites tonight; ESPN says 4.5 pt favorites. Vegas says 4.5
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, with how badly Curry was playing I figured it was over when I Went to bed...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Well, with how badly Curry was playing I figured it was over when I Went to bed...
Well, the difference between GS and Cleveland is when Curry isn't playing well, Durant, Green, and Thompson could and Curry's contributions aren't missed.

Durant was unbelievable. Tyron Lue has no answers and always looks confused. Lebron looked tired and desperate down the stretch.

The series is very much over. I just wonder if GS will lay down in the next game so they can win at home.