NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I really wish Trump would weigh in...
wish granted
Trump specifically accused Kerr and Popovich of hypocrisy in their reactions to the dispute with China because they have often criticized the president’s domestic policies. He claimed Kerr “was like a scared little boy” when he responded to a question about China on Monday.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Game is played under strict conditions.
Trump specifically accused Kerr and Popovich of hypocrisy in their reactions to the dispute with China because they have often criticized the president’s domestic policies. He claimed Kerr “was like a scared little boy” when he responded to a question about China on Monday.
You know what the best part of his statement is? It aligns him with progressives who had been attacking Kerr for the exact same thing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

"I was thinking about my various visits to the White House," Kerr said. "I've lived a privileged life and met, I think, the past five previous presidents prior to President Trump. The first one was in 1984, and Ronald Reagan was president. He invited my mom and me, six months after my dad [Malcolm] was killed in a terrorist attack. President Reagan and Vice President [George H.W.] Bush invited us into the Oval Office, spent about half an hour with us thanking us for my dad's service -- he was in education. Thanking us for my dad's commitment to American values in the Middle East. Trying to promote peace in the Middle East. And all I could think of last night was the contrast of what has happened in 35 years. There was no regard for whose side you were on politically. Political party, anything like that. It was just, you were an American. The office held such dignity and respect. Both from the people who were visiting and especially the people who sat inside it. It's just sad it's come crashing down. That we are now living this.
ooof. I had no idea that had happened.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: ooof. I had no idea that had happened.
I agree with him fully there.

The partisan shit is way out of control. End of the day, we're all Americans and in this together. Somewhere that message has been lost.

And that's all I'll say about that here so we don't derail the thread.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Millionaires playing a child's game whine about not having a regular sleep schedule.

Boo-fucking-hoo you ignorant, out-of-touch cunts.

How many single parents work 2-3 jobs to keep their kids clothed and fed? You don't hear them crying because they don't get much sleep.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Compared to any other pro sport that I can think of off the top of my head (baseball, football, soccer, golf), that schedule does suck balls. They basically play every other day on average, for half a year, and half that time they're on the road with short turn arounds.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

No doubt it sucks, but they're also very, very well compensated for it. They also have life about a billion times easier than most.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: No doubt it sucks, but they're also very, very well compensated for it. They also have life about a billion times easier than most.
Sleep matters a lot to me...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: No doubt it sucks, but they're also very, very well compensated for it. They also have life about a billion times easier than most.
Sleep matters a lot to me...
Because you're old.

Silver and the players had a heated exchange in China.
During the meeting with the players, sources said, Silver was directly asked whether anything would happen to Morey, as several players said they believed that if a player had cost the NBA millions of dollars because of a tweet, there would be repercussions.

Morey will not face any league discipline for the tweet.
To be clear, the spoiled millionaires must truly be sleep deprived because they're advocating punishing someone who, literally, simply made a pro-democracy statement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: as several players said they believed that if a player had cost the NBA millions of dollars because of a tweet, there would be repercussions.
Lebron made some, uh, not great comments.
Vince

NBA

Post by Vince »

I'm really looking forward to further lectures from them on human rights and gun control and racism.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Lebron made some, uh, not great comments.
I saw that last night. He sounded like an absolute moron trying to protect his money, but also realizing by doing so he has to condemn free speech.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Lebron made some, uh, not great comments.
I saw that last night. He sounded like an absolute moron trying to protect his money, but also realizing by doing so he has to condemn free speech.
Good thing the NFL avoided all of this with that 1 second picture of Tienanmen Square 15 years ago in the Super Bowl.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Ha!

I honestly wonder if the NFL has any interest in expanding to Asia.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Ha!

I honestly wonder if the NFL has any interest in expanding to Asia.
15 years ago, tittie-gate was the first SB to air on the main China government-owned channels. But they showed a 1 second clip of the tank guy from Tienanmen Square, and China has been reluctant ever since.

6 days ago...
“China is a priority market for the NFL,” he said. “We believe that our game has a great deal of potential to expand to grow and bring new fans ...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

All the NFL needs is one Chinese guy to play in the NFL, and they'll have a market there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: All the NFL needs is one Chinese guy to play in the NFL, and they'll have a market there.
Here's a half-Chinese guy. The last full Chinese guy I could find was drafted, bounced around a couple years, but never played. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wang
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

They need a star like the NBA had with Yao Ming.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They need a star like the NBA had with Yao Ming.
Apparently even that ends with a single tweet.