NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That link is legit, so why isn't it embedding?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That link is legit, so why isn't it embedding?
Fixed. It didn't like the URL parameter after the tweet ID. I did it from my phone, so wasn't sure.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Adam Silver realizes the NBA free agency rules are broken.

No shit. Multiple deals announced within minutes of the start of free agency. Clearly deals were done prior to that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

As it turns out, playing basketball non-stop at highly competitive levels isn't awesome for your body.

Basically, the article is about how kids are now playing bball all year round in school/AAU and they're paying a price for it. Potentially career ending, shortening, or crippling prices.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: As it turns out, playing basketball non-stop at highly competitive levels isn't awesome for your body.

Basically, the article is about how kids are now playing bball all year round in school/AAU and they're paying a price for it. Potentially career ending, shortening, or crippling prices.
I feel this way about pretty much all year round kid sports. Our youngest was in gymnastics, and I was so happy when she quit. Our oldest does year round rock climbing, as of 1 year ago. I don't love how much she's there, but she's just taken a month off for summer break. And, aside from her hands, the impacts of rock climbing aren't much.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Swimming is the only sport I'm cool with my kids doing all year. Super low impact.

The stress fractures discussed in the article really got my attention. I had 6 at once during my sophomore year. One in each knee, each shin, and each heel. They were painful as hell to walk on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Swimming is the only sport I'm cool with my kids doing all year. Super low impact.
As long as they aren't doing butterfly.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Swimming is the only sport I'm cool with my kids doing all year. Super low impact.
As long as they aren't doing butterfly.
My youngest HATES that stroke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: My youngest HATES that stroke.
It's the worst. It's also the worst for your shoulders.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Grayson Allen's still a dick.

The video is worth watching for the commentary.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

He just looks like a dick.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He just looks like a dick.
Biggest stain on Coach K's career.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The "Big Baller" brand has released images and prices of their shoes.

$495 for the shoes and $220 for flip flops.

Lavar Ball says if you can't afford them, then you must not be a "Big Baller".

I say if you buy them, you're a fucking idiot.
Business dying?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/ftw/ ... /39692313/
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »