NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Again, good riddance.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Durant and Kawhi might be planning to team up.

The only teams that have the space are the Clippers, Knicks, and Nets. Of course the Nets are flirting with Kyrie, but if you could have Kawhi and Durant instead of just Kyrie...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Durant, Irving, and DeAndre Jordan to the Nets.

This will be fascinating. They'll suck next year without KD, but when he returns you'll have three known fragile personalities trying to team up to win titles.

The biggest news of this is that the Knicks, who have tanked for years to get this deal and traded away a franchise player in Porzingas just to land KD, refused to offer KD a max deal. WTF?!? James Dolan is the worst owner in all of sports.

Russell just went to the Warriors for a max deal, which is huge. Iguodala gets sent to the Grizzlies.

Celtics get Kemba.

Pacers trade for Brogdin.

76ers lose Butler to the Heat, but steal Horford from the Celtics and re-sign Harris.

Kawhi hasn't announced yet. He's the biggest name left, by far. I believe it's down to the Clippers, Lakers, and Toronto.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lakers on the verge of creating the ultimate bandwagon team.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Of all the NBA stuff that happened yesterday, the Knicks' complete incompetence cannot be understated.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Of all the NBA stuff that happened yesterday, the Knicks' complete incompetence cannot be understated.
I'm kinda with the Knicks on this one. Who wants that kind of risk? I mean, that injury is catastrophic. People come back, but are rarely the same.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Of all the NBA stuff that happened yesterday, the Knicks' complete incompetence cannot be understated.
I'm kinda with the Knicks on this one. Who wants that kind of risk? I mean, that injury is catastrophic. People come back, but are rarely the same.
I get that, I really do, but this was the Knicks' chance to make a splash. They've been doormats for two decades. They basically shredded their team just to sign Durant. You HAVE to sign him. By not doing so they just gave the market to the Nets and no other big names wanted to go there. Also, they sent a message to future free agents like the Greek Freak, and it wasn't a good one.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They basically shredded their team just to sign Durant.
Well, I missed that part. But I never would have signed him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

They traded away a franchise player during the season to make room for Durant.

The biggest losers yesterday seem to be the Knicks, the Wizards, and the Clippers will be on this list is Kawhi doesn't pick them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They traded away a franchise player during the season to make room for Durant.

The biggest losers yesterday seem to be the Knicks, the Wizards, and the Clippers will be on this list is Kawhi doesn't pick them.
Ah, before the injury, got it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Bill Simmons can explain better than I can why the Knicks suck:
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Here's a WTF story: The Warriors plan to retire Durant's jersey.

Why?
Yes, why?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

In a huge WTF?! Kawhi and Paul George are headed to the Clippers.

Biggest loser: Lebron James.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

OKC and Westbrook are trying to get him traded.

Who wants an overpaid ball hog? I mean, besides Brooklyn...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Spurs take another problem player for the Celtics.

The Celtics will be the most fun team to play on next year.