NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That really sucks. Feel genuinely bad for the guy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

USA loses to France in some kind of basketball world cup. Cannot get gold. Best possibility is 5th.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Significant because of all the NBA superstars who turned down offers to go play for Team USA.

Selfish pricks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Director of US basketball team promises that we will also lose the Olympics.
USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo said Thursday that when the time comes to start assembling the 2020 Tokyo Olympics roster, he won't forget those who backed out of commitments to play in the World Cup this summer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Please, please, please let this happen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Please, please, please let this happen.
I’m guessing the odds are 0% regardless of how much they bid
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

NBA will finally make teams measure their players accurately.

https://www.bardown.com/we-ll-finally-f ... NBsMMPiEa4
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Silver went so far as to say that he and the league are "apologetic" over the outcome and reaction that followed Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey's tweet showing support for protesters in Hong Kong, but he noted that "we are not apologizing for Daryl exercising his freedom of expression."

"Daryl Morey, as general manager of the Houston Rockets, enjoys that right as one of our employees," Silver said. "What I also tried to suggest is that I understand there are consequences from his freedom of speech and we will have to live with those consequences."
Still too soft on China.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

He's trying to walk a tight rope that's been cut.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He's trying to walk a tight rope that's been cut.
China will get its panties in a wad over everything. Fuck em.

Also, guess we'll find out soon if I've been hacked by Chinese or not :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

China cancels NBA event.

China was initially pissed about the Rockets GM's tweet supporting Hong Kong.

Now they're pissed at Adam Silver for taking the wishy washy position of "We're not agreeing with the tweet, but we're going to allow the guy's freedom of speech." That statement came after he initially was condemning the tweet until backlash from here in the U.S. forced him to change that stance.

One tweet could lead to the NBA losing their second biggest market. What a world.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

I really wish Trump would weigh in...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I really wish Trump would weigh in...
We do have to admit that he's at least been an entertaining president.