NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote:
Stranger wrote:
Leisher wrote: They're probably freezing the balls/envelopes right now to ensure that doesn't happen.
Oh i'm almost certain the "association" will make sure he goes to a big market. He's probably going to New York, because nobody would think it would be a fix if that happened, but i'm sure they would love to see him be a Laker too. The fix is in if that happens.
FYI: The frozen envelope was when NY won the lottery to get Ewing.
And Ewing is there repping the Knicks!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

2 of the 3 teams with the best odds to get #1 finished out of the top 4...

Both would be considered "small market".

Somehow the Lakers are in the top 4.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

For those who don't know, the draft order is still determined in a closed room. Transparency!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The New Orleans Pelicans win!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Zion should go back to college.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Interesting for me, the Celtics draft next year just got better thanks to Memphis going at #2.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

I want to know how Zion really feels.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

The 2019 Associated Press College Basketball Player of the Year, Williamson was hoping to get selected by the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN's The Undefeated.
After it was announced the Pelicans landed the top pick, Williamson bolted out of the room without a verbal reaction.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

And BR already ran a story last night saying Anthony Davis still wants to be traded away from the Pelicans.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA draft conspiracies.

It could easily be argued that last night's results benefited the NBA too.

#1 - The three teams with the best odds of getting the top pick got #3, #5, and #6.

NBA benefits because it proves tanking doesn't work. It also punishes the teams that tanked this year.

#2 - A small market team won.

NBA benefits because it looks like the draft wasn't rigged.

#3 - The Knicks and Lakers both have dramatically improved chances of landing AD.

AD wants out. Now the Knicks and Lakers have the #3 and #4 picks, respectively, to offer NO. Meanwhile, the Pelicans could try to pair Zion with one of the Duke guys or Murray.

#4 - NO looks to be in a much better place.

David Stern famously fucked over the Pelicans with the vetoed Chris Paul trade that wound up benefiting LA. was this the NBA's way of throwing them a bone? Especially with how terribly NO's season went this year off the court?

#5 - Memphis is the "See, this was legit!" team.

Memphis at #2 makes this all look legit because they're a small market team, didn't tank, and had no controversies or ties to the league office. They're the perfect team to stick in at #2.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Weird stories from the lottery last night.

Cavs fucked up dumping Griffin and his tie.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Morant is a very good player. With Zion gone, it's him or Barrett, so makes sense to me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

He was betrayed because he never showed up for work?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That made me laugh.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Giannis, the best player in the NBA, just air balled a free throw...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Which do seem a little ridiculous...