NHL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: People whining about your team's tactics, justified or not, is when you know you're a successful franchise. We've won the last two Stanley Cups. Tell him thanks for the compliment.
His counter

And at this point, I'm done.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

NHL

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: People whining about your team's tactics, justified or not, is when you know you're a successful franchise.
Was that a quote from the '89-91' Detroit Pistons?
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Pens may be floppers, but our guys aren’t getting suspended for dirty plays and intentionally causing injury.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Pens may be floppers, but our guys aren’t getting suspended for dirty plays and intentionally causing injury.
I SAID I WAS DONE.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

I was just talking out loud.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I was just talking out loud.
something something something, enjoy being home for the cup this year, something
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'll cry into our 5 Stanley Cups, including the last two.

When they get beat by TB or Las Vegas, he can cry into their...oh wait...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yeah, I'll cry into our 5 Stanley Cups, including the last two.
Stop living in the past...
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Yeah, I'll cry into our 5 Stanley Cups, including the last two.
Stop living in the past...
Ha! One could, literally, say that to anyone a second after their team won the cup.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: One could, literally, say that to anyone a second after their team won the cup.
Yes, I'm quite good at it. But I like to wait until a new season starts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Ovechkin just might reach a final after all.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

He did, but Vegas looks like a team of destiny.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He did, but Vegas looks like a team of destiny.
True, but it'd be nice for the Caps to win something. It'd be nice to see DC get some kind of championship for the first time since 92 (I think it'd be the first since then... the Skins certainly havent')
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Go Caps. End that drought, maybe, hopefully, please.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

WooooOOOOooOOOoooo. A DC team finally wins something.

If only it had been a sport that mattered.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Congrats!
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Capitals head coach quits.

What's interesting is he didn't quit coaching, he simply quit the Capitals organization.

Bad blood?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Capitals head coach quits.

What's interesting is he didn't quit coaching, he simply quit the Capitals organization.

Bad blood?
Apparently his contract was a bit old, and there's been a salary explosion in the past couple of years, so as I understand it, it's more about the $$$ than anything.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Capitals head coach quits.

Bad blood?
Apparently his contract was a bit old, and there's been a salary explosion in the past couple of years, so as I understand it, it's more about the $$$ than anything.
Goes to the Islanders, gets 5-years, doubles his salary to around $3.5-4M if I read correctly

Apparently it was all about the $$$
General manager Brian MacLellan said a long-term contract and Trotz's representative wanting to have him paid among the top-four or top-five coaches in the NHL were sticking points, and Trotz tendered his resignation Monday.