NHL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote:Joke NHL AllStar candidate wins vote, then gets demoted

If I cared about the NHL, I'd be mad.
Scores 2 goals! His team wins! He got MVP!
Then, later in the game, he scored on a breakaway, rifling a beautiful shot over the shoulder of Minnesota Wild goalie Devan Dubnyk.

Dayum. Dubnyk lead the league in shutouts last I looked and is a major reason Minnesota might make the playoffs.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Player levels ref and claims it was an accident.

Looked pretty intentional to me.

20-game suspension.

Edited By Malcolm on 1454610539
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:
Leisher wrote:Player levels ref and claims it was an accident.

Looked pretty intentional to me.
20-game suspension.
[url=http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/18/gary-bettmans-ruling-against-dennis-wideman-shows-nhls-near-denial-of-impact-of-concussion s/]Upheld on appeal[/url] but something seems interesting.
Yet if you read through Bettman’s 22-page ruling to uphold the 20-game suspension, you’ll see that the commissioner went above and beyond in his efforts to discredit two doctors who testified to the effects of a concussion. The commissioner also overlooked a potential brazen disregard for player safety by the Calgary Flames.

In short, you’ll see a commissioner who seemed determined to not believe in the impact of concussions.

Mind you, there is a history here. Just last year Bettman stated that no evidence exists connecting concussions suffered from playing sports and developing CTE. He said this in 2015.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So funny even Gordon will appreciate this sports story.

The Montreal Canadians hit 1 million Twitter followers and to celebrate they setup scripts to automate responses with custom jerseys and messages from players.

As soon as I said "automate" you all started groaning didn't you?

Results were, predictably, hilarious and offensive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jagr ties Gordie Howe on all-time point list. Insane. Even more insane, spots 2-10 are separated by 297 points. First and second place? 970 points of difference. The range between 2-50 is 897 points.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

All-Star MVP back in NHL after NHL conspires to fuck over his career.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Won a pair of $380 on the glass tix to the wild versus flames tonight. Complimentary parking, eats, and beer.

Edited By Malcolm on 1459868934
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Shut out 3-0. FUUUUUUCCCCKK.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Maybe you're bad luck?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

1-1 thus far in terms of my career first row seats.

Edited By Malcolm on 1459961985
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: NHL

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc- ... -capitals/

Flyers suck, go Caps!

Best part
. The game ended in ugly mayhem, with fans chucking their promotional light-up bracelets on the ice as crestfallen PA announcer Lou Nolan repeatedly pleaded with them to stop.

“This is Philly, this is not somewhere else in the NHL,” he said. “Have some class.”
Maybe he's never been to Philly before? Despite being their announcer.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

C'mon, everyone thought it would be the Kings or Blackhawks.

It also never occurred to me that you're also a Caps fan. We're playing tonight! Go Pens!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Fuck the Blackhawks.
Encore.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:C'mon, everyone thought it would be the Kings or Blackhawks.

It also never occurred to me that you're also a Caps fan. We're playing tonight! Go Pens!
I was born in DC.

But I'm guessing your care factor for hockey is roughly giga-mine. To me, sports season ends when the NCAA tournament ends, and restarts with Labor Day weekend +/-
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:C'mon, everyone thought it would be the Kings or Blackhawks.

I was born in DC.

But I'm guessing your care factor for hockey is roughly giga-mine. To me, sports season ends when the NCAA tournament ends, and restarts with Labor Day weekend +/-
You guess incorrectly. My sports season ends in the first week of February, has minor flirtations with relevance in March and one four day period in April (starts tomorrow!), and then suffers a horrible death until August.

I enjoy following the NBA and NHL playoffs, but that doesn't mean I'm watching them.

The Pens play the Caps tonight and I'll probably be playing The Forest while watching Burn Notice.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The last NHL game I watched more than a few minutes of was This one. I went to bed during 3rd OT

Actually, I may have watched some of whenever the Hurricanes won the cup. 2006?