NHL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Re: NHL

Post by Malcolm »

Wild are 1 point behind the Caps for best league record, with a game in hand on them. Postseason hopes are going to be at a record high this year.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

The Wild are still kicking ass. So much so that their opponents are abusing officials to vent their frustrations.
Vermette slapped his stick against the back of linesman Shandor Alphonso's legs after losing a faceoff to Minnesota Wild captain Mikko Koivu during the third period of the Ducks' 1-0 win Tuesday night.
Anaheim Ducks center Antoine Vermette has been suspended 10 games by the NHL for slashing a linesman.
I was totally watching that game. I also saw the world's most bullshit game misconduct call tonight when the Wild dude got nailed for (in order): (i) getting clipped on the skate by Douchebag A from the other team, losing his balance, and (ii) upending Douchebag B from the other team. Then there was the other incident where Douchebag X from the opposing team crosschecks the Wild player and knocks down Douchebag Y, the opposing goaltender. We luckily got offsetting penalties for that one. This is one game after a blatant highsticking call on one of our better players which required stitches that mysteriously didn't warrant more than a minor penalty.
Last edited by Malcolm on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

I can't believe that guy only guy 10 games and is actually appealing after it was already reduced from 20.

I have no idea how it was ruled unintentional, as it was clearly intentional.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Dipshit attacks ref.

Now he faces jail time, expulsion, and his hockey career is certainly over.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

More NCAA?
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

I thought maybe, but it's specifically NOT the NCAA and it fits hockey more, so...
Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote: I thought maybe, but it's specifically NOT the NCAA and it fits hockey more, so...
National Junior College Athletic Association isn't affiliated with the NCAA? Wtf ... after some googling, it appears not.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

Nashville just swept Chicago out of the playoffs. That's a #2 wildcard contender not just beating but dominating the top seed in the western conference. Oh, they also couldn't score until 140-something minutes into the series. They got 3. Not in one game, that's the series total.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

I think the NHL's playoff match ups are ridiculously stupid. Why did the #2 seed Penguins play the #3 seed Blue Jackets in the first round? I understand the divisional thing, but it's dumb as hell.

Thankfully, the Penguins won. However, do we now get the #1 Caps if they finish off Toronto?
Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote: Why did the #2 seed Penguins play the #3 seed Blue Jackets in the first round?
Because the #1 seeds in the divs take on the wildcard winners. The only dudes left are 2 and 3.
Leisher wrote: However, do we now get the #1 Caps if they finish off Toronto?
Looks like you're getting the Caps. Leafs might pull something out, but Washington is loaded.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:
Leisher wrote: Why did the #2 seed Penguins play the #3 seed Blue Jackets in the first round?
Because the #1 seeds in the divs take on the wildcard winners. The only dudes left are 2 and 3.
I guess his point is that the 3 best teams in the conference were in the same division, and had to get grouped together, instead of across the conference.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

Oh that. They do that to keep rivalries local.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

They do that to keep rivalries local.
Yes that and it's stupid.
Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:
They do that to keep rivalries local.
Yes that and it's stupid.
Not according to the dudes that do the tiered pricing scam.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: Not according to the dudes that do the tiered pricing scam.
?
Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

Refers to a ticket pricing scheme embraced by certain NHL teams. Prices are determined by opponent rank and division hatred.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Rough that game 1 is against the draft. I'll be doing a lot of "last" button mashing on my remote tonight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Rough that game 1 is against the draft. I'll be doing a lot of "last" button mashing on my remote tonight.
I... don't know if I'll bother with either one.