NHL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:GO LIGHTNING!
Yeah, that's pretty much my sentiment. Fuck the Blackhawks.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I just want them to beat 4 straight original 6 teams
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fuck the Blackhawks.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Fuck the Blackhawks.
Especially Kane.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lemieux and Burkle have owned the Penguins since 1999 when Lemieux, with the help of the billionaire businessman, turned the deferred salary the team owed him into equity to buy the bankrupt team.

Hah. Lemieux spent most of the last half of his career unable to play due to injury, but I guess his agent was pretty good.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gretsky calls Lemieux the greatest player he's ever seen. He's one of many who said Lemieux could have gone down as the greatest ever if he didn't have the back issues and cancer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Gretsky calls Lemieux the greatest player he's ever seen. He's one of many who said Lemieux could have gone down as the greatest ever if he didn't have the back issues and cancer.
I watched both Wayne and Mario playing while growing up. Lemieux did indeed have some serious issues that plagued his later years, he wasn't as dedicated to the game as someone like Wayne. Gretzky would go to the ice and practice every damn day with the rest of his team. In addition to his tremendous talent, his training ethic was golden. I can't say the same of Lemieux.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gretsky was also a cherry picker who didn't play defense. Something Lemieux did well.

Nobody's perfect.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Gretsky was also a cherry picker who didn't play defense.

He could play D at least passably. But he didn't have the size to back check and his coaches would kill him if he went down to block a shot. He could still poke check and steal pucks, though. Additionally, Wayne was a boon to his team's D because when he had the puck there was a shining good chance it was down in the other team's zone.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cunt tries to blackmail Jaromir Jagr.

Only problem is he's 43 and single. Meanwhile, the dumb bitch in question is 18 and is dating some Czech national hockey player whose idol is Jagr.

All she did was expose herself as a gold digging slut to the world, and sparked a #jagrselfie trend on Instagram.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Wow. Brilliant endgame. Seems like a sitcom plot.

Edited By Malcolm on 1443647472
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Brendan Shanahan, the dude that was in charge of player discipline for the league, had been making an effort to crack down on that shit. While Shanny was known for being physical, his replacement was a straight up goon that logged 1300 plus PIMs back in the day. When it comes to non-chem related issues, the NHL might have the most legit punishment process of all major sports.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

OHL coach fired and entire team walks out to protest.

Read WHY the coach was fired, and who all walked out.

Good for those players.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Joke NHL AllStar candidate wins vote, then gets demoted

If I cared about the NHL, I'd be mad.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:Joke NHL AllStar candidate wins vote, then gets demoted

If I cared about the NHL, I'd be mad.
That's a dick move.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

He's back.
The NHL announced Tuesday it decided to allow Scott to captain the Pacific Division team even though he got traded out of the conference.

NHL not allowing this in the future, unlike the previous times.
In 2007, fans rallied to vote Vancouver Canucks journeyman Rory Fitzpatrick onto the all-star roster. The “Vote for Rory” campaign, which reached its peak with a series of entertaining attack ads, ruffled feathers in the league, leading ESPN’s Barry Melrose to declare this would certainly spell the end of fan voting.

“If this works, enjoy it,” he said (via Slate), ” ’cause I gotta think they’ll have a trick up their sleeve so it’ll never happen again.”

Fitzpatrick ended up in third place, just outside the votes necessary to land on the roster, but that result, too, was viewed askew, with some accusing the league of manipulating the vote count.

The NHL found itself in a pickle again last year when the population of Latvia rallied behind their fellow countryman Zemgus Girgensons, a rather unremarkable second-year player on the Buffalo Sabres at the time. Unlike Fitzpatrick, Girgensons made the roster. His fans even made a rap video for him. The NHL did nothing to change how the voting worked at that time.

Edited By Malcolm on 1453233981
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Player levels ref and claims it was an accident.

Looked pretty intentional to me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »