NHL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Go for it... I might even watch :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Playoff hockey is the best playoffs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

35 NHL players have tested positive for C-19.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Woo! Toledo area in the news again!

I'm guessing this asshat went to my high school as the hockey program there is top notch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Woo! Toledo area in the new again!

I'm guessing this asshat went to my high school as the hockey program there is top notch.
I was more confused about their "top pick" being a fourth rounder. I did see that they traded their 1st round away, no idea bout the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Woo! Toledo area in the news again!

Nevermind: https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/302 ... sm-surface
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

I'm sure this fixes his behavior from years ago. His victim will sleep better at night now.

18 years old, but his life is now ruined with no chance for rehabilitation.

He should have just murdered someone, then he'd be out in 7 years and be given a second chance at life.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 18 years old, but his life is now ruined with no chance for rehabilitation.
He's going to play for a college.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

I hope he gets a true chance to make amends.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I hope he gets a true chance to make amends.
North Dakota said he was still part of their hockey plans. Today. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

What the kid did was horrible and he's a douche, but if we don't allow people the opportunity to correct their behavior, why do we have any sort of legal system, prisons, mental hospitals, and so on? Just kill people the second they make a mistake deemed by society to be unforgiveable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What the kid did was horrible and he's a douche, but if we don't allow people the opportunity to correct their behavior, why do we have any sort of legal system, prisons, mental hospitals, and so on? Just kill people the second they make a mistake deemed by society to be unforgiveable.
Yeah, I did some terrible stuff (not as terrible as that kid), and I'm glad I was given time to be a (mostly) decent human being.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What the kid did was horrible and he's a douche, but if we don't allow people the opportunity to correct their behavior, why do we have any sort of legal system, prisons, mental hospitals, and so on? Just kill people the second they make a mistake deemed by society to be unforgiveable.
The University of North Dakota released a statement after the Arizona Republic story was released.
"We are aware of the unfortunate incident that occurred with Mitchell in eighth grade," the school said. "We made a decision that our program could provide him the necessary infrastructure and culture to hone not only his hockey abilities but most importantly assist him in his continuing growth as a human being which will last the remainder of his life."
That's some passive bullshit phrasing. "We are aware of the moronic things Mitchell did in eighth grade" is more appropriate.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

I'd say moronic is even too kind.
Cakedaddy

NHL

Post by Cakedaddy »

The kid should be trying to get ahead of this and saying that he's donating a BIG chunk of money to some anti-bullying cause.

But really, how fucked was his own self esteem that he had to resort to picking on a handicapped kid to make himself feel better?
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: But really, how fucked was his own self esteem that he had to resort to picking on a handicapped kid to make himself feel better?
That's a great question.

I always hear stuff like "you never know what someone else's life is like". How entitled or horrible was his life that he felt the need to be this miserable of a person?
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Toledo institution opts out of upcoming season due to covid.

The white trash on the East Side are going to be bummed.