ESPN

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

I would try Spike Ball + Kabaddi.

Also, yet another sign that summer has no sports.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

More proof ESPN has completely changed course and is distancing itself from politics...

They're buying out Jemele Hill and sending her packing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Bob Ley calls it a career.

Always liked him. Very to the point, no flair.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Dan le Batard is blasting ESPN's new policy of "no politics".
"If you're not calling it abhorrent, obviously racist, dangerous rhetoric, you're complicit."
I hate this line of thinking so fucking much. "If you don't absolutely agree with me, YOU'RE RACIST!!!!" Way to fight bigotry with bigotry.

ESPN is a business whose bottom line was getting battered when they were discussing politics. That's why John Skipper is out. Ratings were in the sewer and the #1 complaint was people watch sports to avoid shit like politics. There's a reason the "Get Woke, Go Broke" phrase exists.
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe sports channel stick to sports?
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

ESPN:

Vegas:
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

ESPN is also under fire for their biased high school football player rankings.

Gee Scott Jr. has had the best offseason by any WR. It's been so good Rivals, Scout, and 247 all have bumped him to the top 50 players overall and around 10 for WRs.

ESPN dropped him to 200 and #20+ for WRs.

They're getting roasted on Twitter by several fan bases for that one and other suspicious rankings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I 0% believe that Big Ten odds they are putting out. But their FPI model does reward coaching consistency (probably too much).
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Well, it’s not like anyone’s called the South dumb before. I dunno, people have too many outlets for talking.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

I'm assuming his bosses at ESPN can't be thrilled. ESPN already saw flagging ratings the last time they got political and had to reverse course. Now they signed the SEC for way too much money and need people to watch. The rest of the country already hates the SEC, and now you've got Kellerman insulting the very audience you need to tune in.

Imagine if your company had a sales person who ranted about the ignorance to one of its biggest customers directly to the face of the customer. How long do you think they'd be employed?
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Imagine if your company had a sales person who ranted about the ignorance to one of its biggest customers directly to the face of the customer. How long do you think they'd be employed?
I had a CEO participating in buyout talks ask the buyer "Why the fuck would I work for you?"

And that went about how you would expect.
Cakedaddy

ESPN

Post by Cakedaddy »

Don Draper did it with cigarettes and he did ok. So, it's possible this all works out.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

ESPN's Mark Jones is getting racial and anti-cop on Twitter. He's now trending.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Not shockingly, Mark Jackson's Twitter has been scrubbed. He removed everything, including him celebrating a player's season ending due to injury. Why was he celebrating that? Because the player is a Trump supporter.

Tolerance!
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

New CBS ad during this Steelers-Titans game just took a big shot at ESPN.

It opens with a talk show that looks like Around the Horn. You see that it's a sports news network, but all the panelists are discussing politics.

It then cuts to two CBS Sports Network anchors who talk about how their sports news network will actually talk about sports news.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

ESPN cutting jobs and blaming Covid.

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with piss poor management, constant sexual harassment, letting all your good talent go, signing billion dollar deals with the NBA/SEC/ACC that only small segments of the U.S. watch, talking politics non-stop on a sports network, or your clear bias in pushing leagues you're in bed with (SEC/ACC/NFL) over everyone else pissing off a majority of sports fans.
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: ESPN cutting jobs and blaming Covid.

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with piss poor management, constant sexual harassment, letting all your good talent go, signing billion dollar deals with the NBA/SEC/ACC that only small segments of the U.S. watch, talking politics non-stop on a sports network, or your clear bias in pushing leagues you're in bed with (SEC/ACC/NFL) over everyone else pissing off a majority of sports fans.
Well, they did have 6 months without any sports. Which is a pretty fucking big hole for a sports company.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Of course, but they were in trouble before that. Those massive contracts with small audiences put them way behind the 8 ball.

I mean, Stephen A. Smith is their highest paid on air talent...