Sports Books

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Re: Draft Kings

Post by Malcolm »

The NBA has equity in FanDuel, and commissioner Adam Silver has called for Congress to "adopt a legal framework that allows states to authorize betting on professional sports, subject to strict regulatory requirements and technological safeguards."
The NHL and MLB have equity in DraftKings. The NFL does not have any deals with FanDuel or DraftKings at the league level, but 28 of 32 teams have sponsorship or marketing agreements with the companies, and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones have equity in DraftKings.
Damn. No conflicts of interest here.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Draft Kings and Fan Duel talking merger.

So all or most of the professional sports leagues will own a stake in a gambling website, including MLB.

Yet Pete Rose is still banned for gambling on games as a manager when he was betting his own team to win? Meanwhile, the past 20 or so years of baseball is filled with roided up morons that we're supposed to pretend weren't cheating?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Draft Kings paying millions to cover shortfalls.

Color me shocked. Who would have thought that rigging all previous contests would result in a drastically reduced player base? Not to mention a couple states banning them as gambling institutions.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

NY settles false advertising suit with Draft Kings and Fan Duel.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Merging with FanDuel.
Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

Fan Duel not honoring bet.

They're right not to at first glance, but apparently, they are breaking rules (law?) by not checking with the authorities first.
Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by TheCatt »

Wow. I'm surprised. I typically thought errors were not required to pay out.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wow. I'm surprised. I typically thought errors were not required to pay out.
I am too. However, if you read the first article then mention there's some regulatory body that they were skipping. I wonder if that came into play. Also, since they're brand new, it's probably not awesome to have a main stream story about how you're not paying out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, Jade... Btw, feel free to google her playboy pics, she's kinda cute.
Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Oh, Jade... Btw, feel free to google her playboy pics, she's kinda cute.
I'm trying to work here Catt!
Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Draft Kings

Post by Leisher »

Wynn wants out of the sports book business.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Sports Books

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting, too much competition. Good time to be a sports gambler.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sports Books

Post by Leisher »

Gambling is becoming a problem for golfers.

This story gets mentioned there, but some asshat yelled during a professional tournament and as a guy was putting because he bet $3 that he would miss it.

You're fucking with a man's career. That put could, literally, cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars. Does he come to the restaurant and turn off your deep fryer?

You could talk me into the death penalty here. I mean if someone is willing to do this for $3...
Leisher
Site Admin

Sports Books

Post by Leisher »

Record $11B in 2023.

Everywhere except NC...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sports Books

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:53 pm Record $11B in 2023.

Everywhere except NC...
Next month!