Olympics

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Olympics

Post by Malcolm »

Everyone's lucky the medals aren't Zika infection vectors. "Yeah, we diluted the gold with ground-up insect parts. It seemed like a good idea at the time."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

The IOC ruled that certain athletes from Russia will be allowed to participate in the 2018 Winter Games but not under the Russian flag.

Russian athletes or teams will participate under the name "Olympic Athlete from Russia," or OAR. Their uniforms will bear this name, and they will participate under the Olympic flag. The Olympic Anthem will be played in any ceremony where a Russian athlete wins a gold medal.
Snap. Surprise. The consensus seemed to be the IOC would wilt again.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

They should just have a "Doping Team," and let athletes from all countries caught doping compete with them.

I think SNL had a sketch about the "All Doping Olympics," or something like that. Deadlifters ripping their arms out of the sockets lifting too much weight.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

Unlike Russian Olympic czar Catt, I don't condone cheating in sports.

Japanese kayaker spiked his rival's drink to get him banned.

That's some Tonya Harding shit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Unlike Russian Olympic czar Catt, I don't condone cheating in sports.

Bending the rules ain't breaking em. No wonder you don't like Trump, you don't like winning!
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Unlike Russian Olympic czar Catt, I don't condone cheating in sports.

Bending the rules ain't breaking em. No wonder you don't like Trump, you don't like winning!
[video][/video]
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

Norovirus affecting security at games.

I'll bet the athletes are freaking out about germs right now. You don't want to train for four years and then have the flu during your event.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

White woman wins coin toss to carry US flag, black person hints at racism.
I am an American and when I won the 1000m in 2010 I became the first American to 2-peat in that event. @TeamUSA dishonorably tossed a coin to decide its 2018 flag bearer. No problem. I can wait until 2022. #BlackHistoryMonth2018 #PyeongChang2018
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

Coins are racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

The black person is right. There is racism here, he just doesn't realize he's the source of it.

Look what's buried at the end of the article:
It's not the first time Davis has been part of an Olympic controversy.

In 2006, Davis -- the first African-American to win an individual gold medal at a Winter Games -- decided not to take part in the team pursuit at the Turin Games and raised the ire of teammate Chad Hedrick. Their animosity toward each other was obvious at a news conference, when Hedrick brought up the team pursuit and Davis stormed out of the room.
So he's not just a racist prick, he's a selfish, racist prick.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The black person is right. There is racism here, he just doesn't realize he's the source of it.

Look what's buried at the end of the article:
It's not the first time Davis has been part of an Olympic controversy.

In 2006, Davis -- the first African-American to win an individual gold medal at a Winter Games -- decided not to take part in the team pursuit at the Turin Games and raised the ire of teammate Chad Hedrick. Their animosity toward each other was obvious at a news conference, when Hedrick brought up the team pursuit and Davis stormed out of the room.
So he's not just a racist prick, he's a selfish, racist prick.
Skips opening ceremony. I kinda understand, on the other hand, he only considered going if people were going to vote him the flag-bearer...
Another passenger tried to claim a seat that Davis believed was his, although the skater admitted he was incorrect.

"I felt he was being rude by the way he blurted to me I was wrong, and I responded to him something like, "Don't be mean about it!!'' Davis wrote. "People make mistakes, so of course he was laughing and I told him not to smile at me!! I couldn't believe this situation I was in lol, but maybe this is that fire my skating has been missing?! If so the skate world better watch out!!''
The fuck?
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Skips opening ceremony. I kinda understand, on the other hand, he only considered going if people were going to vote him the flag-bearer...
SHould have taken a knee.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Skips opening ceremony. I kinda understand, on the other hand, he only considered going if people were going to vote him the flag-bearer...
SHould have taken a knee.
Mike Pence took a "knee"
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

Only required to stand for the anthems of allies. We are still at war with NK. He better not stand.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Only required to stand for the anthems of allies. We are still at war with NK. He better not stand.
I thought South Korea was an ally.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

I thought I saw NK was.what he didn't stand for. Not going to reread, but my bad.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I thought I saw NK was.what he didn't stand for. Not going to reread, but my bad.
They marched together. So it was both.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

Hmm. An quandary, then.

But government officials DO NOT render standard courtesies for countries with whom we are at war.