Microbreweries trolling AB Inbev

Beer brewing, wine aging, whiskey fermenting, soda pop carbonating.  Talk about it here.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I thought we mentioned this in some thread somewhere but I'm not even sure what to search for.

Anyway, AB Inbev slammed microbrews for making silly things like "Pumpkin Peach Ale" in the last Superbowl, not realizing that they'd just purchased a very popular brewery that made a Pumpkin Peach ale. Stupids.

Microbrews are hitting back:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015....08.html

Near its climax, the clip's title cards took a dig at craft beer snobs: "Let them sip their pumpkin peach ale. We'll be brewing some golden suds."

Before the Super Bowl, few breweries had ever thought to make pumpkin peach ale. (Though, ironically, one of the only ones to do so is Washington State's Elysian, which is now owned by Anheuser-Busch.) But the ad has made it into a hot commodity. Bell's, along with several other microbreweries around the country, was inspired enough to make limited runs of exactly such a beer in response. Smokehouse Brewing Co in Columbus, Ohio, released one called "Fussy Sipper Pumpkin Peach Ale," while Griffin Claw Brewing Company in Birmingham, Michigan, called theirs "Beechwood-Aged Pumpkin Peach Ale."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Anyway, AB Inbev

Fuck them.

Where's "Bud's Pumpkin Peach Ale?"
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."