Apple sucks

Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

But that's on the people for doing it while driving, not Apple.

I've seen people reading books and newspapers while driving. Does that mean the publisher is at fault when they get in an accident? Of course not.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Don't disagree, just surprised to see people do it. I guess. Maybe not. People do stupid stuff all the time.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Got stuck by a train (where you rarely get trains) taking the kid to school this morning, and it occurred to me that if the school was the type to really get pissy about tardies, facetime would be a good way to go LOOK, TRAIN, NOT MY FAULT. Would also apply to workplaces.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Don't disagree, just surprised to see people do it. I guess. Maybe not. People do stupid stuff all the time.
I honestly think their lawyer has to be a piece of shit (ignoring the obvious jokes). He or she should have told them this wouldn't bring back their little girl and they'd just be wasting their money.

I wouldn't wish what they're going through on anyone, but they will not find closure this way.
Got stuck by a train (where you rarely get trains) taking the kid to school this morning, and it occurred to me that if the school was the type to really get pissy about tardies, facetime would be a good way to go LOOK, TRAIN, NOT MY FAULT. Would also apply to workplaces.
I have texted photos of traffic before to explain not getting somewhere on time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
I honestly think their lawyer has to be a piece of shit (ignoring the obvious jokes). He or she should have told them this wouldn't bring back their little girl and they'd just be wasting their money.

I wouldn't wish what they're going through on anyone, but they will not find closure this way.
I.assumed they were suing EVERYONE involved. Seeing what would stick.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:I honestly think their lawyer has to be a piece of shit (ignoring the obvious jokes). He or she should have told them this wouldn't bring back their little girl and they'd just be wasting their money.

This x1000
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

HAHAHAHA.
Like a fainting goat who freezes at the first sign of a farmer, an iPhone running iOS 10 can be bricked by sending just a few emojis in the Messages app.

That's according to YouTube prankster EverythingApplePro, who uploaded a video yesterday describing how a seemingly random collection of text messages can cause Apple's flagship smartphone to crash and reboot. The text string is composed of a waving white flag emoji, a zero, a rainbow, and a variation selector, which is a hidden Unicode character that can be copied into an iMessage.

Send all four of these at once, and the recipient's device will seize up and eventually restart. There's also an alternate method that involves creating a new contact file that contains the text string and sharing the file to another phone. That contact card will crash a phone running any iOS 10 version, although the iMessage string only bricks phones with iOS 10.1 or below, the Guardian reported.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You don't even want to know what happens if you send 3 poop emojis in a row to an Apple phone.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:You don't even want to know what happens if you send 3 poop emojis in a row to an Apple phone.
It orders you a random Apple product? Starts playing eps of Firefly?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It plays the brown note and you shit yourself.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Wireless charging pushing prices above $1,000.

Plus it'll have the stupid side screen "feature" that the Samsung Edge has, which I find makes holding a phone ridiculously difficult. Everywhere you touch you're activating something, so how the fuck do you hold it?
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

$1200 for the new iPhone?

A 55" 4K UHDTV costs half that...
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Apple is apparently rushing to fix an issue with the iPhone 8.

If there's a tech company I trust under the gun... HAHAHAHAHAHA!
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: $1200 for the new iPhone?

On prime day Amazon had one for a third of that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote: $1200 for the new iPhone?

On prime day Amazon had one for a third of that.
Admittedly, not a very good one.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

I didn't click on it, don't need one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

New products will be shown Sept 12th.

That means iPhone 8s will start being sold the following week or so.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »