Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Apple is firing + suing leakers
Apple has a long history of trying to tightly control information about its products and culture. According to a new report, Apple recently sent a memo warning employees not to leak company information, saying 29 employees were caught last year, 12 of whom were arrested.
Naturally, the memo was leaked. Bloomberg's Mark Gurman got a copy of the sternly worded missive, which was posted to an internal Apple message board. It's unclear when it was posted.

"Leakers do not simply lose their jobs at Apple. In some cases, they face jail time and massive fines for network intrusion and theft of trade secrets both classified as federal crimes. In 2017, Apple caught 29 leakers. 12 of those were arrested," said the memo published on Bloomberg.
Facebook may be negligent, or worse; But Apple is Big Brother.
Troy

Apple sucks

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Facebook may be negligent, or worse; But Apple is Big Brother.
It's probably due to the nature of my job, but I have no problem with a company protecting their IP like this. It's their lunch money, their differentiator, their whole enchilada. Other euphemisms I haven't thought of.

Are they supposed to just allow company secrets to walk out the door?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Are they supposed to just allow company secrets to walk out the door?
No, but conflating leaking of trade secrets with criminal activity is obscene.
Troy

Apple sucks

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Troy wrote: Are they supposed to just allow company secrets to walk out the door?
You are very wrong about that. https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-s ... ret-policy
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
You are very wrong about that. https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-s ... ret-policy
The lawyer in that article disagrees.
"The memo conflates 'leaking' —which is likely a violation of Apple's corporate confidentiality agreement but not criminal — with serious criminal wrongdoing such as stealing trade secrets for a competitor, or hacking into Apple's proprietary computer systems," said Braunig. "Apple is obviously trying to minimize leaks from employees. That's a reasonable goal, but talking about the number of employees you've had arrested seems like an over-the-top scare tactic."
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
I disagree with this. If someone steals an early draft of my book and publishes before I do, I just lost a year of work and future income, unless I can prove it. That's felony theft.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Apple sucks

Post by Troy »

I'll bet a defense attorney (especially one trying to get future business by getting a quote in an article) would say something like that.
“These are my final words on advocacy. If you have the facts on your side, hammer the facts. If you have the law on your side, hammer the law. If you have neither the facts nor the law, hammer the table.”
-Carl Sandburg
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: If someone steals an early draft of my book and publishes before I do, I just lost a year of work and future income, unless I can prove it.
Again, that's theft. These people are not stealing the designs of iPads and leaking them.
Troy

Apple sucks

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: If someone steals an early draft of my book and publishes before I do, I just lost a year of work and future income, unless I can prove it.
Again, that's theft. These people are not stealing the designs of iPads and leaking them.
No they were stealing the Operating Systems:
An employee who leaked the final version of an unreleased version of iOS, its mobile operating system, was found within days and fired. Multiple employees were caught sharing details about the iPhone X, iPad Pro and Airpods with a 9to5 Mac reporter, according to the memo.
I'm guessing the latter people JUST got fired.

If I was a spy for a competitor, a "journalist" just interested in specs is a great cover. That is a REAL threat, actually happens. We have a whole segment of our firm that do counter-corporate espionage.
http://www.fticonsulting.com/services/f ... s-practice

I've collaborated with them on a few projects, it's always very enlightening.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

When did Troy become a Republican?
Troy

Apple sucks

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: When did Troy become a Republican?
I very much have nuanced viewpoints of the world. I’m not just a SF hippy liberal snowflake!

I can’t go to Cat’s women league soccer games anymore because I disagree with her team’s stance that post-op steroidal “men” should be allowed to play in a women’s league even if other teams object to it. And they do. Cat + team disagrees with me and the other teams.
Cakedaddy

Apple sucks

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: post-op steroidal “men”
I don't even know what that means.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote:
Troy wrote: post-op steroidal “men”
I don't even know what that means.
I assumed it meant; bio-males, penis snipped off, but steroidal confuses me. I would have thought they were on hormones? But maybe this means no hormones (estrogen) yet?

Is there a surgery that goes the other way? I'm unaware of that if there is.
Troy

Apple sucks

Post by Troy »

Girls that have transitioned into being guys. I'm using the right pronouns I think, but I'm apparently a bigot so take it with a grain of salt.

A certain player has had their breasts removed, and is taking hormones so they are beginning to grow facial hair. Looks like a squat brick house of muscle. and fat. Other teams have complained.
Cakedaddy

Apple sucks

Post by Cakedaddy »

So it's an ex-girl named Bob who's roiding up and wants to play with girls?

Honestly, I'm surprised there isn't a separate league for that yet. Especially in California.

Plus, if you're a guy now, play with fucking guys. Seems the bitch isn't fully committing to her new role. And I'm going to call her 'her' until she stops acting like a her.

I swear, 80% of trans'es (?) are doing it for the attention. I'm looking at you Bruce.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

If you're post-op with hormones: play with the gender you're... being.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Tim Cook picks a side on gun control and takes shots at Google and Facebook over privacy.
"We reject the excuse that getting the most out of technology means trading away your right to privacy," Cook said. "So we choose a different path, collecting as little of your data as possible, being thoughtful and respectful when it’s in our care because we know it belongs to you."
Oh really?

Your company is behind, arguably, the most famous hack and release of personal data in history.

Also, your company's products are set to automatically upload your customers' data and private files to your servers without their permission or knowledge.

Tell me again how much your respect their privacy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Tim Cook can suck his self-righteous dick. I used to like that guy.