Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

Like.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Apple sucks

Post by Malcolm »

Christ, are those real terms for an Apple app developer, mobile or otherwise, who wants to go indie?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote: Christ, are those real terms for an Apple app developer, mobile or otherwise, who wants to go indie?
Yes.

I don't understand AT ALL how the Apple App Store is not considered monopolistic and anti-competitive.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Apple sucks

Post by Malcolm »

Cult.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

iOS 11 is going to be hitting soon. I expect it's being rolled out for the new iPhones.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Because my company always wants me to have the latest and greatest, I'm getting a X when they arrive. That won't be until November. The 8s hit next week, and are pretty much exactly like the 6 and 7, just with a faster processor.

I've also ordered the cell enabled Apple Watch Series 3. That comes out next week. I'll review once I use it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

My kid's fancy school handed out iPads, and told the kids to log on using their apple ID. we were like wtf is an apple ID?
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: My kid's fancy school handed out iPads, and told the kids to log on using their apple ID. we were like wtf is an apple ID?
That's very presumptuous. Easily the worst thing I've heard about your fancy school. It shows that even with all the money in the world, if you have uninformed people running things, they're still going to make poor decisions.

Of course, iPads are great for kids because they're more durable than a Surface and Droid Book. Plus, they're toys, so who cares if they get broken?

My kids get Droid Books and they're very meh.

I think the fact that 90-95% of all businesses run on Windows, yet our school systems mostly use Apple and Droid devices because they're the only stuff they can afford is pretty damning.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

Three top people being Apple polishers are all it takes, probably, to buy iPads for every student.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Because my company always wants me to have the latest and greatest, I'm getting a X when they arrive. That won't be until November. The 8s hit next week, and are pretty much exactly like the 6 and 7, just with a faster processor.

I've also ordered the cell enabled Apple Watch Series 3. That comes out next week. I'll review once I use it.
I have little interest in those devices, but if they were free, yeah, I'd consider.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

You know I hate Apple, but I cannot use Droids for my business. Way too vulnerable.

You and Gordon actually made up my mind for me about the watches. We had to join the Y for my youngest's swim team, and so I'll find myself in a pool more often this year. It's waterproof and has all the health/fitness stuff, so...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

The Watch 3 seems to be the best one so far, just the most expensive as well. I keep hoping a comparable Droid watch will come out, but not yet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: You know I hate Apple, but I cannot use Droids for my business. Way too vulnerable.

You and Gordon actually made up my mind for me about the watches. We had to join the Y for my youngest's swim team, and so I'll find myself in a pool more often this year. It's waterproof and has all the health/fitness stuff, so...
1. Love my watch... I just use it to count laps, though. It doesn't measure pulse, to my knowledge, but I can swim for X amount of time and it will track my swim stats for me, so I can see progress. I know it can measure interval workouts and stuff, which I will prolly start using in January after I get my hundred.

2. You are getting an iPhone X.... does that make you a douche RIGHT NOW, or do you have to physically touch it before you turn into a douche?
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: 2. You are getting an iPhone X.... does that make you a douche RIGHT NOW, or do you have to physically touch it before you turn into a douche?
I think being forced disqualifies me from douche.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: 2. You are getting an iPhone X.... does that make you a douche RIGHT NOW, or do you have to physically touch it before you turn into a douche?
Mmm... Gonna have to disagree here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Mmm... Gonna have to disagree here.
Droids users don't really have a leg to stand on either.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Droids users don't really have a leg to stand on either.
It's the only leg to stand on.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

When I was phone shopping, my only strong opinion was "not apple," and after that I heard windows phones sucked. That seemed to leave BlackBerry and Android, and I am not 78 years old so no BB.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

I love my Pixel. Not sure if it needs an upgrade, but I might just upgrade anyway
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

My phone plan is with Google and I'm using the Nexus 5X, the Pixel came out right after I bought my Nexus. I heard the Pixel 2 was coming out soon.