Apple sucks

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

But only on the phones that already cost $1000 it looks like
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Apple is warning suppliers that demand for iPhones is down.

Interesting. This news and the $300 price drop.

Oddly enough, the iPhone X is the highest rated phone ever (or was when it dropped), and is the only one I've ever liked. Although Siri is still the most worthless AI ever created.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Claims the iPhone isn't spying on you.

Funny, because whenever I get into my car, my phone usually knows where I'm going and tells me how long it'll take to get there. That's not information I gave it...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Claims the iPhone isn't spying on you.

Funny, because whenever I get into my car, my phone usually knows where I'm going and tells me how long it'll take to get there. That's not information I gave it...
1) He only said it's not listening. Not that it isn't spying on your routines, searches, etc.

2) I read an article a while back that basically said you can predict where anyone is with at least 95% accuracy based on observing their past behavior. (Granted, sleeping at home is a large part of a day, for instance).

Google's smart enough to figure out important places to me. Even places I'm less frequently at (Boston, for work), it knows what place there matter to me, and picks up pretty quickly. It seems to follow the 3's a trend rule.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Newest watch has ECG capabilities. Dammit, I actually want that.

I preordered an EKG device 18 months ago, and they still dont have FDA clearance: https://www.getqardio.com/qardiocore-we ... or-iphone/
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Newest watch has ECG capabilities. Dammit, I actually want that.
I am ordering one this evening.

Placing my annual "here's all my users whose phones have mysteriously broken just as Apple is releasing their new shit" order before I leave today. In that order will be a new Apple Watch 4 for me and an iPhone XS probably.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Tim Cook wants more privacy laws and denies China spying via chips in iPhones (among other devices).

Well, I'm in agreement with him on the privacy laws.

Although, Apple could start the movement by turning off automatically uploading people's content into their cloud.

They could also admit they turned on encrypted backups in iTunes to try and force people to buy into iCloud.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Apple rolls out newly designed iPads, and other shit.

The fact that this wasn't in all the news days in advance is all you need to know about why they are redesigning their shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

At least they started going USB-C
Troy

Apple sucks

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: At least they started going USB-C
Work got me one of those new Macbooks. It's pretty wild. USB-C's only. So I had to get a dongle just to use it with monitors + mice. The LED strip that replaces the "F" keys is interesting. The clickable icons on it change constantly depending what program you are using or what you are doing in those programs. Radical man.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Building new $1B facility in Austin.

Weird how they did this without a nationwide, public courting process ala Amazon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Building new $1B facility in Austin.

Weird how they did this without a nationwide, public courting process ala Amazon.
They did the nationwide courting, just not publicly. RTP where I live was one of the finalists, but we lost... again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Is there a state that's gotten hammered worse than NC lately?

Amazon and Apple turn it down. The trans bathroom thing. The taxes thing. Election "scandal".

(California doesn't count.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

The gerrymandering, the election corruption in one of our House districts, 2 hurricanes, a strangely early season 11" snowstorm across most of the state.

2018 has't been NCs year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Chinese national was spying on Apple.

What a dumbass. If you want to steal tech secrets, go to a tech company.

Seriously though, when is anyone in the government or corporate America (or the rest of the world for that matter) going to acknowledge that China is a kleptomaniac?
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Apple isn't doing awesome and needs a new retail strategy.

But what are they going to sell besides computers only a very small portion of the market wants, phones whose popularity is waning (outside of businesses), iPads who are getting destroyed by MS Surfaces, and accessories?
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

The iPhone is getting its ass kicked in China and CNN is here to blame the government (Trump).
and experts say that's partly due to the US government's global campaign against the company.
Digging further...
Chinese consumers love its flagship, high-end phones because they have great cameras, cutting edge technology and cost less than the latest iPhones, according to analysts. And by offering a selection of cheaper phones, Huawei is able to target a bigger market.