Drone delivery

Leisher
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by GORDON »

Might as well, they stopped bothering to ring doorbells a long time ago.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Might as well, they stopped bothering to ring doorbells a long time ago.
When we had babies, I hated the doorbell ringing. Now we have motion sensing cameras, so it doesmt matter. Oh, and text alerts.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by GORDON »

Yeah but they lie. "No one home/left note/package is at the station." When I was sitting right fucking here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Yeah but they lie. "No one home/left note/package is at the station." When I was sitting right fucking here.
It's about once a year I have to be home for a delivery instead of it just being dropped off...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by Leisher »

Just had one this weekend that required a signature. Over $1,000 in value must be their cut off.Although, that was Fed Ex.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Drone delivery

Post by Vince »

My UPS guy is pretty good. He leaves my packages at the front door which is actually the back side from the highway. So for him it's the back door. He'll just give the door a quick rap unless he really needs me. Had an Amazon delivery in one of their padded envelopes that had been cut. He wanted me to open it and ensure everything was there before he left.

He also told me if we had a package going out and we could wait until we had something coming, just to catch him and he'd scan it in and take it rather than scheduling a pickup which we would be charged for.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by GORDON »

I don't think I've ever seen the same guy twice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I don't think I've ever seen the same guy twice.
Each driver continues to refuse to return to your house because you always greet them naked and say, "You know, the postman always cums twice..."
GORDON
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by GORDON »

What I do in my own home is not their concern.
Vince

Drone delivery

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I don't think I've ever seen the same guy twice.
Advantage of rural.
GORDON
Site Admin

Drone delivery

Post by GORDON »

I heard that these UPS routes often get purchased by contractors,.like newspaper routes back in the day. It would make sense why there was no apparent "UPS Pride," just dropping the package on the porch and bolting, or however one would want to phrase it.

My doorbell is right there, and works. Come on.
Vince

Drone delivery

Post by Vince »

I think that's more due to their time constraints. My UPS guy asked me early on if it would be okay if he used my faucet by the shop. I told him that was fine. He's usually at my house around 10:30 - 11:00 when he has a delivery here. He'd get some water and start on his lunch as he pulled out of my drive. So I always got the impression they were crunched for time. Don't know if that's a "go home when your done" hurry, or a "deliver all this and if you clock too much overtime we'll find somebody that doesn't" hurry.