Dell Technologies World 2019

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let me start by saying if you want a bet placed IM me.

I’ve attended a single session and now I’m parked in a bean bag in front of giant screens waiting for the general session (Michael Dell’s keynote speech) to start.

First session I attended was about upcoming tech. AI seems to be the heavy hitter.

Blockchain was everywhere last year and now it’s a minor topic. Only two sessions all week covering it. Seems like they’re going to shift focus on it from financial to IT Operations.

More later
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Blockchain was everywhere last year and now it’s a minor topic.
Feels appropriate.
Leisher wrote: AI seems to be the heavy hitter.
If only people could agree on what that meant.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"My remote.control car is.totally a robot!"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They're moving Blockchain from financial to logistics. I call that the "ecurrency affect". I also heard it mentioned for IT Operations, which wasn't explained and seems pointless. The last thing I need are more logs telling me there's a problem.

They had an Alienware eSports arena setup. That was cool. Played Apex Legends there. It seemed stupid. All the games were BR, which sucked. Live commentators did your matches. They had professional players enter as well.

Won a Firestick. Got lots of swag my kids will take and lose.

Learned a lot. Made connections. Made a big enough stink about one item that a Senior VP called me, emailed me, and scheduled a meeting with me next week.

Seeing Imagine Dragons tonight at the customer appreciation event.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Won a Firestick
Nice. Every year I try to win shit at conferences, and I've won jack shit. I even use a disposable email address so I don't care about the junk email.
Leisher wrote: Seeing Imagine Dragons tonight at the customer appreciation event.
Hope they sound better than they did at the CFP
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Nice. Every year I try to win shit at conferences, and I've won jack shit. I even use a disposable email address so I don't care about the junk email.
These are drawings. No email entry contests here. Attend presentations and get a ticket for the drawing immediately following.
TheCatt wrote: Hope they sound better than they did at the CFP
They sucked? I didn't know who they were (I do now). My sister-in-law is really pissed I'm seeing them as she apparently is a huge fan. She thinks it'll be wasted on me. I have purposely been calling them the wrong name every time I talk to her. :D

There will be free booze and food though, so no matter how bad they are, they can't ruin that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Imagine Dragons were good. Not awesome, but good. Food sucked this year though. Weird mix of flavors.

The opening act was AJR. Their music was oddly catchy even though it isn't energetic, you can't dance to it, and you can't sing along to it. A and R of the group are must see TV though. My wife was cracking up that R is a legit nerd and was weird as hell. Half of their music was played from a control panel.

On my conference survey I plan on to tell them to bring Lil' Dicky in next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: These are drawings. No email entry contests here. Attend presentations and get a ticket for the drawing immediately following.
Ah. The ones at AWS are: Come visit a vendor booth, get scanned, and you are in a drawing.
Leisher wrote: They sucked?
Hard. Something was seriously messed up with the vocals.
Leisher wrote: On my conference survey I plan on to tell them to bring Lil' Dicky in next year.
Lol. That would be awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Took Binions for $150 and the Venetian for $100. I don't know how they stay in business.

The Freemont Street Experience is an experience. Second time down there and it didn't disappoint. If your kid is a performer down there, you fucked up as a parent. Scantily clad men and women, most of whom should NOT be scantily clad. The absolute dregs of humanity are there as it's where Vegas is the cheapest. Stores have people standing on tall ladders watching you shop.

The cheap table games and people watching are worth it, but you'll feel uneasy the whole time unless you're with a large group.

Saw lots of kids there. I don't get that shit. Do your kids need to see the nun with her saggy tits hanging out? Literally, hanging out of her top down to her waist with bandaids on her nipples.

Today was nice to walk around with the wife, but the weekend visitors have arrived and I'm officially sick of people. Can't wait to fly home tomorrow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Today was nice to walk around with the wife, but the weekend visitors have arrived and I'm officially sick of people.
That's how I feel at the end of the AWS conference, too.