Today in data breaches

thibodeaux

Today in data breaches

Post by thibodeaux »

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by GORDON »

Holy geez. What's the intent of that page? Comedy, or crime?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by Leisher »

Those people deserve to have their identities stolen.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by TheCatt »

She pierces those nips
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by Leisher »

Whoopi attacks Bella and doesn't understand technology.
"Once you take that picture it goes into the cloud and it's available to any hacker who wants them," Goldberg said on the show.
Learn how to use your phone Whoopi.

Although, I'm ok with girls thinking that's how it works. Maybe it'll get them to be more responsible so they don't face situations like Bella.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by GORDON »

Goldberg said the actress should have known hackers would be able to gain access to nude pictures she had taken.
Really, this isn't wrong. Once you put something in writing/photograph it, now it exists and people will be after it, always, all the time. It's kind of like going down in a submarine, knowing that water is always trying to get in, 100% of the time, every way possible, even while you sleep.

The only way to guarantee your sex tape isn't leaked is to not make a sex tape. (secret filming aside) WHoopi is not wrong.

Aren't these hackers usually getting access by guessing the "mother's maiden name?" security questions?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: WHoopi is not wrong.
She is wrong though. Right here:
Leisher wrote: Once you take that picture it goes into the cloud and it's available to any hacker who wants them
That's not how it works. Although, it does touch on a hot button issue for me, and that's companies turning on cloud services by default, which is essentially theft.

I do agree with her on the other aspect of "If you don't want a picture getting out, don't take it." However, that does suggest we have a privacy issue in the world. I mean, if a chick wants to send nudes to her husband or vice versa, there shouldn't be an issue there. I didn't say "boyfriend" because that's a different variable.

In a perfect world, this chick should be able to take a nudie, keep it or send it to a trusted person, and not worry about some hacker stealing it off the cloud drive she didn't sign up for. If the trusted person leaks it, that's a different issue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by TheCatt »

I agree with leisher.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by GORDON »

I don't disagree with leisher. I just don't also disagree with Whoopi. Aren't iphone cloud services on by default? They were on my pixel, iirc.

The default assumption should always be " these will leak."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: The default assumption should always be " these will leak."
That's what I tell my kids.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: The default assumption should always be " these will leak."
That's what I tell my kids.
Same.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by GORDON »

But there's a group of loud people out there making the argument that women should be allowed to take all the unsecured naked selfies they want without consequence, and the conclusion to draw is that men are evil and women oppressed. This does nothing to encourage being responsible for ones actions, and therefore we are always going to be enjoying leaked celeb selfies.

Oh well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: But there's a group of loud people out there making the argument that women should be allowed to take all the unsecured naked selfies they want without consequence, and the conclusion to draw is that men are evil and women oppressed. This does nothing to encourage being responsible for ones actions, and therefore we are always going to be enjoying leaked celeb selfies.

Oh well.
Well, they SHOULD be able to. And, realistically, for every leaked nude selfie, there's 100,000 more from people we don't care about, not getting leaked.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by GORDON »

"Should" doesn't reflect reality, and people need to stop thinking it does.

I should be able to backpack through Afghanistan unmolested, but I know I can't. I guess that's wisdom.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: "Should" doesn't reflect reality, and people need to stop thinking it does.

I should be able to backpack through Afghanistan unmolested, but I know I can't. I guess that's wisdom.
If I should be able to do something, then it becomes "Why can't I?" That provides avenues of actions to ensure, or improve, the ability of people to do the things they should be able to do. Take action.

Obviously, some require more action than others, some are more possible than others. You can improve your odds of not having nudes released if you a) keep them off the cloud, b) use strong security, c) encrypt them, d) share them with trustworthy people, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by GORDON »

But the only guaranteed way to keep nudes secure isn't in your list.

Short of perfecting security to the point where you also make people themselves security experts, abstinence is the only perfect solution. You won't change human nature or make men not horny or make girls not crave to.display their reproductive fitness via visual advertising.

None of that means nude selfies are a good, or safe, idea.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by TheCatt »

I think they're a great idea. But not for my children. Or teenagers in general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in data breaches

Post by GORDON »

Crack my cloud storage, and enjoy.