8K TVs

Leisher
Site Admin

8K TVs

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

8K TVs

Post by TheCatt »

Is there even 4k TV to watch? I know you can rent 4k stuff, and Netflix/Amazon have some... but shouldnt we have more 4k by now?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

8K TVs

Post by GORDON »

Personally I've been noticing that the quality of DTV and Netflix has been going down. Sometimes I wonder if what I m watching is even 480P.

That or my eyes are going out.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

8K TVs

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: That or my eyes are going out.
I've been finding I need more light than I used to, and I hate it when magazines don't provide enough contrast between their type and their background.
GORDON
Site Admin

8K TVs

Post by GORDON »

I actually think my eyes are fine, had them checked last month. Broadcasters are reducing quality.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

8K TVs

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I actually think my eyes are fine, had them checked last month. Broadcasters are reducing quality.
I had mine checked too, but I still think it's just part of aging.
Vince

8K TVs

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Is there even 4k TV to watch? I know you can rent 4k stuff, and Netflix/Amazon have some... but shouldnt we have more 4k by now?
I remember a story a few weeks ago about new electric car cell batteries that are supposed to be far beyond anything we have now. Fully charge in about a minute and on par with what we have today as far as how much charge they hold. Game changing if true. The context of this story was that Elon Musk had dropped one or two billion on a battery company (not this guy's) and built out and tooled a huge facility for the batteries he's been using. So he's now set to start mass production on a battery no one will want.

So I wonder... is technology advancing so fast that manufacturing of tech is going to soon become a losing proposition?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

8K TVs

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Broadcasters are reducing quality.
I'm pretty sure this is both true, and a product of your ISP throttling you without you realizing it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

8K TVs

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I remember a story a few weeks ago about new electric car cell batteries that are supposed to be far beyond anything we have now. Fully charge in about a minute and on par with what
I keep hearing about that, like super-capacitors, super-fancy batteries, etc... but nothing ever shows up in commercial form.
Vince

8K TVs

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:I keep hearing about that, like super-capacitors, super-fancy batteries, etc... but nothing ever shows up in commercial form.
I agree that I hold that particular story with a skeptic's belief, but the underlying question still remains. Could the TV manufacturers have even broken even yet on the 4K TV lines? Reminds me of RCA and the FM radio, but we are far beyond any one company having that sort of power and influence in manufacturing at this point.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren