Facebook/Meta

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Suspends 200 apps.

A couple years late. I mean, when you allow all these third parties full access to your users' posts, login, pictures, etc. you should probably know that's going to lead to trouble.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

hate speech
Now there's a completely objective phrase that couldn't be abused.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

What could possibly be the purpose behind this?

What. The. Fuck?

There are people saying that certain groups on the left are trying to have pedophilia normalized. Weird shit like this would seem to support that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

I thought that was already illegal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Very much so, thus, why the question?
Vince

Facebook

Post by Vince »

I was assured that the "slippery slope" argument was simply the delusions of the repressed evangelical right winger.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

I typically find that when someone is defending their position by saying the counter is a "slippery slope" or "straw man" or something along those lines, then they're full of shit and losing the argument.

That doesn't negate the validity of those terms, just that it seems like people yell that a lot when they're losing or don't understand the statement, kind of like fascist.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

We must silence the other side, because they say they want to silence people and that's always wrong.

Said with a straight face.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: We must silence the other side, because they say they want to silence people and that's always wrong.

Said with a straight face.
So binary.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

Are you assuming my gender, cis scum? Fucking Nazi.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

I get it. Transgender people, and especially the notion of transgender kids is controversial, and certainly not settled.

But what the fuck is wrong with people?

Screen caps here:

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Those parents are childish scum spouting off about nothing they'd ever act upon. They're just tough guys on the internet.

Although, two comments got my attention:
-The one about this specific kid having been caught peeking over stalls.
-The school saying they have provided this kid their own bathroom.

If the first tidbit is true, I'd be pissed as a parent too. I wouldn't be threatening violence or calling the kid a "thing", but I certainly would be asking the school board about not tolerating that behavior.

The second one, if true, begs the question as to why the kid is still using girls rooms? If tidbit one is true, it makes things worse.

The problem here is logistics. Our buildings are still setup for a world where people with penises are men and people with vaginas are women. Also, the concept of gay people was something not tolerated. Thus, privacy really boiled down to the sexes. Thus, how bathrooms were/are designed. (And I'm not promoting this stuff, just detailing facts.)

We need the world to get remodeled.

I will say one thing in support of these morons, transgender rights are not greater than straight rights. They should be EQUAL. You cannot just assume a person stating they're transgender is transgender. You also cannot assume a transgender person is not attracted to the sex they claim to be. Your assumptions are being made at the expense of the potential safety and privacy of other people. Do their rights not matter?

If a fox shows up at your farm and says he's a vegan now, would you let him sleep in the chicken coop?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: -The school saying they have provided this kid their own bathroom.
Leisher wrote: The problem here is logistics.
I have no idea how large that school is, or how inconvenient that one bathroom may be. If it was anything like my middle school, there's at least 4 separate buildings. There's just not enough information here.
Leisher wrote: The one about this specific kid having been caught peeking over stalls.
Right, this would be a matter for the schoolboard, and administration. Not "let's beat the thing" My experience with these types of situations is a lot of stuff gets spread, not necessarily ground in truth (these are 5th to 7th graders)
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

Those parents need to have their browser histories made public.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Those parents need to have their browser histories made public.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: My experience with these types of situations is a lot of stuff gets spread, not necessarily ground in truth
Agree. That's why I was pointing out "if true".

However, if it is true, and the school is aware of it... That's a whole other can of worms in this situation.