Google/Alphabet

Leisher
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by Leisher »

Tidbits from the head honcho of Stadia
The subscription plan will also grant you access to a selection of free games, the base plan will not, and in both cases you'll also have the option to buy games outright.
Purchase prices for games on Stadia haven't been announced yet, but if you were thinking that they'd be less expensive than they are at your local Gamestop or online storefront, Stadia head Phil Harrison has some bad news. "I don't know why it would be cheaper," he told Eurogamer, when asked how pricing on Stadia would compare to purchasing games on the PS4 or Xbox One.

The reasoning is that buying a game on Stadia enables you to play it on pretty much anything, rather than being restricted to a particular platform or location. "TV, PC, laptop, tablet, phone," he said. "I think that is going to be valuable to players."
saying that the industry as a whole is moving away from an "ownership consumption model."

"Not every developer and publisher is ready to move to subscription yet. Frankly, not every gamer is ready to move to subscription yet," Harrison said. "So we wanted to give gamers a choice so they could engage in the games they wanted in the way they wanted—and in all cases, without the very high upfront cost of buying a sophisticated device to put under their TV or on their desk."
Progress isn't always awesome.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by Leisher »

Google "Wizard of Oz", click the ruby slippers.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

Whoa. That was pretty cool.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by Leisher »

Google was illegally monetizing your kids, and will pay next to nothing as a fine.
Vince

Yay Google!

Post by Vince »

There's a reason they dropped the "Don't be evil" line.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by GORDON »

I think I made a post about that a billion years ago. Things don't get evil until accountants get involved with daily operations.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

Stadia - November 19th
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by GORDON »

Google Chrome video autoplay stopper

https://support.google.com/chromebook/t ... 7095?hl=en
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

Got the new Pixel 4 XL since Google Fi was doing 50% back as Fi Credits. It's bigger, it's noticeably heavier. The edges are textured to make it much less slippy than the Pixel 3 was.

It's a little bigger, 6.3" screen.

The most annoying thing is apps you have to log back into. And moving all my Google Authenticator codes over.
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by GORDON »

How much was it, half.off? Seeing the same.offer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: How much was it, half.off? Seeing the same.offer.
$899 was the base price, so $450 effectively after the promo.
Cakedaddy

Yay Google!

Post by Cakedaddy »

Costco has a rebate deal on the Note 10's. $425-450 (don't remember exactly) back in Costco credit. Had a similar one on the Iphone 11's with about $450 in Costco credit with trade in. That was with AT&T and Verizon. Maybe Sprint too. If my screen wasn't cracked, I could have gotten $250 for my Note 8 as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Costco has a rebate deal on the Note 10's. $425-450 (don't remember exactly) back in Costco credit. Had a similar one on the Iphone 11's with about $450 in Costco credit with trade in. That was with AT&T and Verizon. Maybe Sprint too. If my screen wasn't cracked, I could have gotten $250 for my Note 8 as well.
My brother just picked up the S10 using a similar Costco deal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by Leisher »

Google is having trouble dealing with its woke employees.

There's a reason the phrase "Get woke, go broke" exists.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

Google adding sms verification also: https://blog.google/products/messages/s ... 20%251%24s
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

Oracle can forever eat a dick.
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Show us where Oracle touched you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Show us where Oracle touched you.
In my soul.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay Google!

Post by TheCatt »

Recently had a Fiber Outage. Not entirely sure if I knew that I had it or not... but Google automatically credited me for the outage
Outage Credit ($0.65)