AI Gaydar

Malcolm

AI Gaydar

Post by Malcolm »

No, really. Using only photos of your face.
According to the study, the machine was able to distinguish between gay and straight men about 91 percent of the times, while it could tell women’s sexual orientation 83 percent of the times. Due to these results, they concluded that the sexual orientation of men is clearer than women’s.
But time out.
It is important to note that images of black people were not included in the research. As well, the machine didn’t consider transgender or bisexual people.
So there's that. But there's also this.
Millions of pictures are taken and uploaded to the different social networks every day, and they can be used to identify traits and characteristic without the people’s consent. For example, people can use this technology to know if their partners hide their real sexual orientation or teenagers could suffer from bullying if their peers use the technology with them. As well, States – where being gay is still seen as a felony – could use this technology to target and prosecute people, so there is a lot of controversy about what this technology could be used for if in the wrong hands.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

AI Gaydar

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: As well, States – where being gay is still seen as a felony
Do they mean countries? What U.S. States make it a felony to be gay?

On a related note, I used to do this thing with girls at my bar where I would tell them what they were like in bed by reading their face. I wasn't 100% accurate all the time, but I was right enough. Additionally, we all know people whose face reveals character traits before we even speak to them. Thus, I do think there's merit to this technology.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

AI Gaydar

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
Malcolm wrote: As well, States – where being gay is still seen as a felony
Do they mean countries? What U.S. States make it a felony to be gay?
I wondered if that were purposely deceptive wording, as well, to keep people hating on the US.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

AI Gaydar

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: On a related note, I used to do this thing with girls at my bar where I would tell them what they were like in bed by reading their face. I wasn't 100% accurate all the time, but I was right enough. Additionally, we all know people whose face reveals character traits before we even speak to them. Thus, I do think there's merit to this technology.
I was always moderately impressed by your ability to cold read people, since I know that is an instinct I definitely lack. I look at people and overthink it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

AI Gaydar

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I was always moderately impressed by your ability to cold read people
I was trained from a young age. I applied the sexy stuff based upon my own experiences.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

AI Gaydar

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote:
Malcolm wrote: Additionally, we all know people whose face reveals character traits before we even speak to them. Thus, I do think there's merit to this technology.
There are certain politically incorrect sites that have a saying: physiognomy is real.