Amazon

Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote: That link led me to another on the subject of same sex relations. I was also commenting there.
I'm guessing that you were adamantly "pro," on that subject.
I will defend your right to take it up the ass forever!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Amazon routinely slams Oracle at their annual technology conference (AWS reInvent).

Turns out part of their Prime Day outage was due to moving more stuff off Oracle.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Amazon routinely slams Oracle at their annual technology conference (AWS reInvent).

Turns out part of their Prime Day outage was due to moving more stuff off Oracle.
Amazon: That story is not true.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Amazon planning to split HQ2 between two cities. Most likely are NYC and DC, followed by Austin/Dallas.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

Aren't they currently in Seattle?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Aren't they currently in Seattle?
Yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

And the decision to move the HQ comes on the heels of that Seattle "Employee Tax?"

:-D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: And the decision to move the HQ comes on the heels of that Seattle "Employee Tax?"

:-D
They are not moving. They are building a "2nd, equal" HQ. Although it might be 2 more HQs. This was announced last year.

And I think it was announced prior to employee tax, which was proposed this year, and defeated.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

I thought that employee tax made news after it passed. My bad.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I thought that employee tax made news after it passed. My bad.
Amazon and a couple others were like "FUCK YOU" and they said "Oh, sorry, no were didn't mean it"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

New York City and Northern Virginia will be the homes for Amazon.com Inc.’s AMZN -4.41% second and third headquarters, according to people familiar with the matter, ending a more than yearlong public contest that started with 238 candidates and ended with a surprise split of its so-called HQ2.

The imminent announcement is expected as soon as Tuesday, according to the people. Other cities may also receive major sites, some of the people said.
All cities where Bezos already has a home.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
New York City and Northern Virginia will be the homes for Amazon.com Inc.’s AMZN -4.41% second and third headquarters, according to people familiar with the matter, ending a more than yearlong public contest that started with 238 candidates and ended with a surprise split of its so-called HQ2.

The imminent announcement is expected as soon as Tuesday, according to the people. Other cities may also receive major sites, some of the people said.
All cities where Bezos already has a home.
Shocking.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Nashville gets a small bone
Separately, Amazon said Nashville will also become a new Center of Excellence for its Operations business. It will be focused on fulfillment, transportation, supply chain, and related areas, with 5,000 jobs to be filled.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Nashville gets a small bone
Separately, Amazon said Nashville will also become a new Center of Excellence for its Operations business. It will be focused on fulfillment, transportation, supply chain, and related areas, with 5,000 jobs to be filled.
Bezos must have a mistress that lives there...
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

I bought some RAM last week and it let me enter my laptop model to make sure it was compatible. It was.

Didn't realize that was a new feature.

Back from AWS reInvent. They really are owning the cloud space. They also introduced satellite, robot, and AI products so expected Skynet within 7 years from now
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I bought some RAM last week and it let me enter my laptop model to make sure it was compatible.
Crucial's been doing that for well over a decade.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I bought some RAM last week and it let me enter my laptop model to make sure it was compatible.
Crucial's been doing that for well over a decade.
You are correct. In fact, I went there first to get the right specs, then plugged the result into Amazon, which then popped up its own compatibility checker.
Stranger

Amazon

Post by Stranger »

Yeah well, my 4 year old son ordered $5000 iMac pro from the Amazon app on my phone the other day.

i now have Touch ID enabled for just about everything on my phone now.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

The thing that would disappoint me most is that it was an Apple product.