Amazon

Stranger

Amazon

Post by Stranger »

yep. Way overpriced for only 8 cores and a glossy display.. yuck!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

$5000 for an Apple is the equivalent of spending $1500 on a PC.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Amazon

Post by Cakedaddy »

GORDON wrote: The thing that would disappoint me most is that it was an Apple product.
That would be due to bad parenting.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

National day of mourning caused my Amazon delivery to be late (I guess they used USPS instead of UPS)

Amazon used to give a free month of prime for late deliveries. Most of the time the past 6 months they've offered me $5. They once offered me $10.

But, twice they have given me my entire order for free. Last time it was like a $50 order. Today it was a $14 order.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

I have recently ordered many items from eBay that came late. I got nothing. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have recently ordered many items from eBay that came late. I got nothing. :D
Yeah, part of the reason I like Amazon. 5% off everything, 0 to 2 day delivery on pretty much everything, and much better than average customer service.
Stranger

Amazon

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote:
GORDON wrote: The thing that would disappoint me most is that it was an Apple product.
That would be due to bad parenting.
Just had my son’s 5th birthday party. He wanted a Windows theme birthday cake. So my wife drew the Windows logo on his cake. Maybe the only 5 year old to have ever asked for that! Plus, that means he’s not a Mac guy!

Not all bad parenting on my part.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

I'm speechless
Cakedaddy

Amazon

Post by Cakedaddy »

Did the cake crash?
Stranger

Amazon

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Did the cake crash?
funny you say that. When he went to blow out the candles the smallish table the cake was on tipped a little as he leaned in on it.

For a quick second i thought it was going down and all i could think was "windows just crashed"
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

That's awesome.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

I've been watching them build this massive warehouse near where Leisher works, and I wondered if it was an amazon distribution thing.

Looks like maybe.

3mil square feet on 4 stories.

https://www.toledoblade.com/business/de ... 0181212164
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

I have been told that building is for First Solar. (The one currently being constructed.)

I believe the site for this Amazon distribution center will be down by Cabela's.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

I see. It seemed strange to me that that article was talking about getting permits to build.

Have you seen that warehouse they're building, or do you commute from the other direction? It's got to be close to a quarter mile on each side.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Have you seen that warehouse they're building, or do you commute from the other direction? It's got to be close to a quarter mile on each side.
I see it when we go to lunch. It's fucking massive.

I love the one asshole home owner out front that refused to sell and now has a construction site all around his house.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Kroger and MS teaming up to take on Amazon and Walmart.

Hopefully Kroger takes full ownership of the "customer experience" part because that's a blind spot for MS.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Jeff Bezos getting divorced. Wonder if he'll still be the world's richest man?

Also, Gordon. Very rich single person available now. I'm sure Jeff would like you.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

Most do.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Most do.
Not women.